• It is possible to implement Owncloud at OMV. There are some issues but you can overpass them and finally install it succesfully. First of all you need Website plugin and Mysql also. If you search the old forum you can find the how to install it and overpass the problems. I have install it (following these info) and I will try to create a How to with all the required configurations you need.

• Johny,

Looking forward to the walkthrough - Tried to install tonight, however coming up with all sorts of problems (a classic example is that the install directory as mentioned on the Oc support forum doesnt even exist!)...

Cheers
    Paul

• Looking forward for the walkthrough too!

tried to install owncloud myself but went through some troubles with the directories as the shared path is something like /media/3ebhjdgskdstdfuegezhfsjhdflseuehlfjsdfhkshdfjhsdf/MY_SHARED_FOLDER and not directly /MY_SHARED_FOLDER which would be much nicer by the way!

• I will try to make one step by step guide. Sorry for being late but I had some issues that could not wait :(
    Once again I am not Linux/Unix expert. I am not 100% sure that these steps will work at your system and everything I write I have tested at my system (i386) and found it at the old forum and the OC forum.
    Be patient for a little while :)

• Again I am not an Linux/Unix expert, I have just create a step by step guide to the steps I made in order to make everything work (OMV and Owncloud), As you will see below for some steps I am not 100% sure. Many steps comes from the old forum and other people wrote these first. As advise, first try it at a VirtualBox setup to be sure and then at your server. I am not responsible if this create any issue at your server. I hope someone who knows more than me corrects any mistakes I made.

OK..lets start. All packages version may change so keep that in mind in order to change the code...

From a brand new installation first of all we have to install the omvpluginorg from

Code
    http://packages.omv-plugins.org/pool/main/o/openmediavault-omvpluginsorg/openmediavault-omvpluginsorg_0.3.2~3.gbpa0b737_all.deb

. Upload it to the server by the OMV GUI, at System / Plugins. Install it. Refresh OMV page nad press Check in order to refresh the plugins list.
    Chooce openmediavault-website 0.3.4, install it
    Choose openmediavault-mysql 0.3.4.2, install it
    Refresh the OMV page and choose the MySQL plugin in order to set a root password. (I am not 100% sure if this is mandatory, but just to be sure)
    At NEW PASSWORD set your password and CONFIRM IT, press OK.

Go to Share Folders, press ADD and put the following
    Name : owncloud
    Volume: choose your disk
    Path:owncloud

SSH to your server or by keyboard

Code
    apt-get install php5-gd

press Y when asks.

Code
    wget http://owncloud.org/release/owncloud-4.0.6.tar.bz2

then

Code
    tar -xjf owncloud-4.0.6.tar.bz2

(#WHEN I TRIED THE LAST TIME THIS COMMAND FAILED, I DO NOT KNOW WHY, AND I HAD TO UNTAR IT BY WINSCP AND WINRAR)

Log in through WINSCP. Copy all the files and folders coming from this tar.bz2 file and paste them inside the owncloud folder we created before, in my installation it was

Code
    /media/SOMETHING STRANGE/owncloud

, then

Code
    chown -R www-data:www-data /media/SOMETHING STRANGE/owncloud

Go back to the OMV GUI, at Users, click Add, name ocuser, group adm and users (I am not 100% sure if this is correct but it works)

Go at the Website plugin, tick ENABLE, go to Document Root and choose owncloud [on/dev/sdb1] (THIS MAY BE DIFFERENT)
    Virtual host type:Port Based
    Virtual Host Port:8181
    Go to the PHP section and Tick Allow PHP Script
    User: ocuser
    Go to the Options section, tick Indexes
    Go to Allow Override and tick next to all
    Click OK (I got a error message but it says it is a communication failure so ignore it)

Go to the Shared folders again, choose owncloud and press ACL
    Change the permissions as follows
    owncloud-> ocuser READ/WRITE and at the extra options Others Read/Write
    expand owncloud
    apps->ocuser READ/WRITE
    config->ocuser READ/WRITE

edit the file

Code
    /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/zzz-omv-website-vhost

Mine looks like this

THE DIRECTORIES WILL NEED CHANGE SINCE IT IS TAKEN FROM MY SETUP, SO CHANGE IT. ALL THE OTHERS NEED TO BE LIKE THIS IN ORDER TO MAKE THE OWNCLOUD GUI WORK TOGETHER WITH THE WEBDAV FEATURE {THIS TOOK ME 2 WEEKS TO MAKE IT WORK, SINCE THE ERROR WAS A MISSING "+" AT Options +ExecCGI :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: }
    Go back to SSH or keyboard of the server

Code
    a2enmod rewrite

and

Code
    a2enmod headers

, then restart the apache server by

Code
    service apache2 restart

Now you can log in at the Owncloud Webgui by

Code
    http://SERVERIP:8181

we will see the setup page, enter USER, PASSWORD , at MySQL DB use USER:root, Pass:the password you set before at the MySQL plugin, BD name : owncloud, localhost and then press Complete

At this step you will not be able to login at the OMV webgui page, you will get an error. Use WinSCP. locate php.ini in the

Code
    /var/www/omv-website-vhost/

find the

Code
    session.save_path

, remove the

Code
    ;

in front and edit as

Code
    session.save_path=("/tmp")

(NOT 100% SURE)

Then find the php.ini in

Code
    /var/www/openmediavault/cgi/

find the

Code
    session.name

and change it to something (?), mine is session.name=("OMVSESSION") (NOT 100% SURE)

Now you can log in to the OMV Gui again :D:D:D

Finally to get Owncloug to work propertly edit the following

Code
    /var/www/omv-website-vhost/php.ini

and add

Code
    max_execution_time=3600
    max_input_time=3600
    memory_limit=512M
    post_max_size=2000M
    upload_max_filesize=2000M
    max_file_uploads=10

at the end.
    Also edit

Code
    /etc/apache2/httpd.conf

and add

Code
    <ifmodule mod_fcgid.c>
    MaxRequestLen 20000000000
    </ifmodule>

With these changes, and after a restart you will be able to upload files up to 2GB size each.

I hope these helps :D

• Thanks! Now i got owncloud working!

Can you, please explain about mysql db.
    After launching owncloud i didn't notice any setup wizard.
    Where i can find and manage owncloud database?

• Thanks for the info, johny_sketo. To help clarify for others (and myself), here's some filled in holes and questions. I've had OMV installed for about 2 weeks, so I might ask some questions along the way. If you or somebody else could clarify, I would appreciate getting some answers to my questions.

Zitat

(#WHEN I TRIED THE LAST TIME THIS COMMAND FAILED, I DO NOT KNOW WHY, AND I HAD TO UNTAR IT BY WINSCP AND WINRAR)

What is WINSCP?

Zitat

/media/SOMETHING STRANGE/owncloud

I think "SOMETHING STRANGE" is referred to as the UUID? Seems like each physical drive gets something akin to a Serial Number to identify it. The number is so long it makes things seem impractical to use a command line to reference it.

Zitat

Go back to the OMV GUI, at Users, click Add, name ocuser, group adm and users (I am not 100% sure if this is correct but it works)

Here, it seems like you're creating a User named "ocuser", adding them to the "adm" and "users" groups. If your account is a member of either group, you can see the "owncloud" share. So if somebody wanted any user to be able to access /owncloud, they could just give permission to the "users" group?

Zitat

Change the permissions as follows
    owncloud-> ocuser READ/WRITE and at the extra options Others Read/Write
    expand owncloud
    apps->ocuser READ/WRITE
    config->ocuser READ/WRITE

I think all of this gives anybody on your network access to "/owncloud". If this is the case, you wouldn't need to make a user?

Good job tracking down all these necessary changes. It's well above my head at this point.

• Zitat von "stonerhawk"

After launching owncloud i didn't notice any setup wizard.
    Where i can find and manage owncloud database?

Dear stonerhawk,

The first time you open the OC webgui you should see the login page, but with some differences. The first time it lets you create a user and setup the DB part. In our case and since we use MySQL you should see the fields I wrote. If you have others DBs it will let you choose which one you wish to use. Also, have in mind that all these appear after you choose Allow PHP Script at the Website plugin.

• Zitat von "trza"

What is WINSCP?

WinSCP is a windows program that uses SSH protocol to transfer files, at least that is the reason I use it for. It looks very much like Windows Explorer and it is very easy to use.

Zitat von "trza"

I think "SOMETHING STRANGE" is referred to as the UUID? Seems like each physical drive gets something akin to a Serial Number to identify it. The number is so long it makes things seem impractical to use a command line to reference it.

Yes, I refer to the UUID. I know it is a little bit difficult but we are using it for only a few times and you can copy/paste the whole SN.

Zitat von "trza"

Here, it seems like you're creating a User named "ocuser", adding them to the "adm" and "users" groups. If your account is a member of either group, you can see the "owncloud" share. So if somebody wanted any user to be able to access /owncloud, they could just give permission to the "users" group?

I create a new user because I cannot add my account, or anybody already configured at OMV, at the Allow PHP Script part of Website plugin. I am sure that the group part may be wrong but as I said I am not expert and I wrote just what made my system work (OMV, OC with Webdav)

Zitat von "trza"

I think all of this gives anybody on your network access to "/owncloud". If this is the case, you wouldn't need to make a user?

Again, the new user is necessary. The permissions may be wrong, please somebody corrects them in order to have maximum security

• Zitat von "johny_sketo"

Dear stonerhawk,

The first time you open the OC webgui you should see the login page, but with some differences. The first time it lets you create a user and setup the DB part. In our case and since we use MySQL you should see the fields I wrote. If you have others DBs it will let you choose which one you wish to use. Also, have in mind that all these appear after you choose Allow PHP Script at the Website plugin.

Done everything from beginning.
    Now everything works like a charm with mySql.
    I also suggest to create an ssl certificate and use owncloud with https.
    Thanks a lot!

Is there a chance to use owncloud without website plugin?
    I would like to host another site with this plugin.

• Hey,

thanks for the step by step instruction.

my owncloud is running now, but i have one question with the files. How can i change the file directory? I will show the files from my root share like the UUID.

Thanks

• Zitat von "iKai"

How can i change the file directory? I will show the files from my root share like the UUID.

To be honest I do not know how. I know that it uses the data folder inside the owncloud folder to built the data/users structure, but I cannot find anywhere an option to change this folder.

• Zitat von "johny_sketo"

To be honest I do not know how. I know that it uses the data folder inside the owncloud folder to built the data/users structure, but I cannot find anywhere an option to change this folder.

I think that tou can make a symlink to prefered folder

• Zitat von "stonerhawk"

Is there a chance to use owncloud without website plugin?
    I would like to host another site with this plugin.

There is an How-To here: http://www.chrisz.de/?p=1075 it's in german and I didn't test it myself. It's basically an installation within apache2 in omv on port 8080

so you don't need the website plugin... but i think you will still need the mysql plugin - but as i said. didn't test that myself yet.

• Zitat von "HackitZ"

Maybe someone down the road could make a plugin to set this up?

Just got my omv setup and am a little nervous to mess with installing this and causing issue's.

I tried to follow along with the info here, and for some reason it didn't work. Rather than fighting it, I downloaded the Turnkey Linux version of OpenCloud and set it up in Virtualbox. It took longer to download the VM than to set it up the rest of the way. Chances are slim that you'll see any problems with this route, so long as your hardware supports virtualization.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!