OMV for Pi

• Hi, every,

Did anybody managed to create a Squashfs OMV image for BerryBoot? It seems to me that could be one of most convenient way to use stand allone OMV for Raspberry Pi. You can really leave boot sector (BeryBoot) on SD card, and move OMV to HDD for betters speed and less wear-out.

There are manuals on that, but as far as I am not a Linux guru at all, I stopped in conversion process due to reason, that latest image for Pi consists of 3 parts, and I don't know which is essential.

Maybe some good guy (who knows the rules of Linux game) could help and convert latest OMV image for Pi 2 to Squashfs format? And put somewhere on an internet?

• Is it your only aim to have the boot sector on SD card and OMV on HDD?
    That should work without anything else, do I get you right?

OMV 5.x | Banana PI (M1) | Seafile Server
    OMV 4.x | ShuttlePC SH55J2

• Offizieller Beitrag

I recommend against converting it. With the flashmemory plugin, wearing out the SD card is not much of an issue. Plus, as sieben says, there are plenty of tutorials about moving all but boot to the hard drive.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• That should work without anything else, do I get you right

Probably. Just BerryBoot was one option that allows very easy, on a graphical interface change the boot to HDD. It also by default searches for chosen image if new HDD is attached, as well as waits for HDD spin-up. Of course, it can be done via editing boot files, but it is always more complex.

there are plenty of tutorials

I would love if somebody could give some link. I found only for other, quite different distros. I know how to do very basic terminal-ing, but if files, folders or commands differ, my knowledge in Linux is not so good yet to make complete reverse engineering.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would love if somebody could give some link. I found only for other, quite different distros. I know how to do very basic terminal-ing, but if files, folders or commands differ, my knowledge in Linux is not so good yet to make complete reverse engineering.

Honestly, I would leave it on the sd card. Clone the SD card every time you make a big change and you won't have any issues.

But... the easiest way to do it is to clone the sd card to the hard drive with clonezilla on a different computer. Then change the mmc line in the /boot/config file to reference /dev/sda2. Then remove the OS partition from the SD card.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!