Unable to install, no disk drives found

• So im switching over from old athlon computer to a new server grade machine :
    Dell PowerEdge T430
    Intel Xeon E5-2620v3 6c/12T
    32GB DDR4 ECC 2133MT/s
    Dell PERC H330
    6x4TB WDC Red NasWare HDD
    2xGbit network

And problem is that current Stable version, isnt detecting any HDD attached to the machine.
    All drives are on NON-Raid passthrough mode
    Does it things, asks for root password to setup, lan etc etc and when its should detected the disks, its goes red and gives error : No disk drives found.

So i googled a bit, and some suggested using plain debian and then install omv on top of it. Turns out Debian 7 cant see any of my drives either, but Debian 8 can. The forum people here say, "Dont even try to install it on Deb.8" So what now? Sticky stuck situation

So i tried to use the current BETA version and voila, drives are found and can be used. But then soon stumbled on multiple problems.
    1. After doing "updates" it breaks itself, no longer can search any updates
    2. Under plugins there are critical plugin missing : VirtualBox that i need.
    3. ZFS plugin is missing too.

So any way to solve any of this?

• Offizieller Beitrag

OMV 2.x with the backports 3.16 kernel would work for you since it is the same kernel that Jessie uses. You do not want to use OMV 3.x yet. The easiest solution I have is to install OMV on the drive in another machine, install omv-extras, click install backports kernel, move drive back to T430, and execute omv-firstaid.

As for the others...
    1 - This is known and fixed. You have to update from the command line.
    2 - Virtualbox plugin is in the repo but currently requires the backport repo to be enabled. This is normally accomplished by clicking the install backports kernel button.

So, the way to solve is to use OMV 2.x.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!