Multiple issues with new build

• Hi all,

I've just converted my Ubuntu server to OMV by installing Debian and installing OMV on top.
    Sysinfo:

OMV-Extra's is in use.
    I've set up a new Raid 5 array, since I hit the 16TB limit under Ubuntu. That part worked flawlessly, so I was happy. Once synced I created a filesystem, ext4, and set up some shares. Had to understand how it worked in OMV, but I got that working too! Then I set up Plex Media server so that I could begin re-indexing from scratch. That has worked without a hitch, and is publicly accessible as it should be. I'm a plexpass member, but I'm not too bothered about being a few versions behind at this stage.

I'll list the issues I am having and hopefully someone can guide me in the right direction.

Network bonding:
    I set up network bonding to make use of my dual NIC's. It worked under ubuntu so I could achieve impressive transfer-rates to my backup-box, alas I immediately realized, when restoring data to the OMV box, that I was capped at 30MB/S. Disconnecting one ethernet cable has fixed the immediate issue, and I am getting 90-110MB/S depending on file size. Any thoughts on why this could be? It's set up with Balance-RR.

Transmission:
    I set up transmission and made a data folder for it. Tested a torrent and it works fine. The web interface, however, does not. Attempting to access it via serverip/transmission/web gives me a 404 error.

Sickrage:
    Set up sickbeard, defined sickrage repo https://github.com/SiCKRAGETV/SickRage.git - master branch, and attempted to start it. Service fails to start and the web interface gives a 502 bad gateway error.

Wordpress:
    Multiple attempts at this, I have an old wordpress site I wish to restore. MySql was set up and the dbase restored to it, but I can't seem to access it. I tried using the plugin, and manually doing it via the nginx sites plugin, as based on recommendations from this site. Neither method worked. It's set up to port 8080, I also tried 8081 for kicks, but I just get sent back to OMV main interface. Currently I've reverted all plugins, apart from mysql, so there's no configuration to look at.

Owncloud:
    Again something I had running on my old system.. generated cert for it, and tried accessing the web interface to perform setup. I get a untrusted domain error, and I am advised to look in to the config file, but it hasn't been generated on the system as yet. I still have a dbase and filestructure backup, but I wasn't against starting from scratch if it meant using the plugin-based system. Alas, it doesn't seem to work out of the box.

Generally regarding websites:
    I would prefer having my services web-accessible, i.e. transmission, sickrage, plex, owncloud, wordpress etc. I own a domain and can create unlimited subdomains. Previously I had everything set up with Wordpress being domain root, and everything else being domain.xx/service - can I replicate this? Or will that involve scrapping the use of the OMV plugin system and setting up nginx manually?

I realize this is a lengthy post, but I do hope some of you have the time and the inclination to help me out, as I've spent the better part of the last two days attempting to test and google my way out of it, with every spare hour I've had at my disposal.

Thank you!

• Offizieller Beitrag

For the bonding, try installing the backports kernel (button in omv-extras).

For wordpress, can you get a site working without restoring your old setup?

For owncloud, use docker.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• For the bonding, try installing the backports kernel (button in omv-extras).

For wordpress, can you get a site working without restoring your old setup?

For owncloud, use docker.

Docker and Backports, gotcha.
    No, I wasn't able to. Even tried the manual method and downloading the latest tarball into the directory and setting up in sites, but to no avail.. OMV webinterface seems to override everything.

Edit; Backports was already enabled. Can't find anything in plugins referincing Docker, can you elaborate? :) Cheers.

• Offizieller Beitrag

When I said manual install, I meant using the nginx plugin to eliminate the overwrite problem. Read this.

Backports may be enabled but you aren't run the backports 3.16 kernel according to your screenshot (shows 3.2 kernel).

Read this post about docker. I actually don't use it much so I can't help much.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

Using the nginx plugin, OMV disregards any configuration? Odd...I use to host a few domains and multiple intranet sites. Not sure what you are doing wrong. Maybe a screen shot of the nginx config??

• I'll redo your method and see if I can replicate the results again. It's weird, is what it is.. What's even more baffling is how the sickrage plugin's site won't work either, nor the transmission page.. seems there's more going on.

• I updated the backports, finally found the tab you were mentioning, I was assuming you meant the plugin.. and now my Raid 5 array has gone the way of the dodo..

Edit; Looking over the forums it seems that Raid5 arrays going missing occurs regularly. I used the webinterface to delete my old array and set up a new one, waited for resync and moved files.. a process totalling days in it's entirety.. and to see it vanish like this..

Sheesh. Am I doing something wrong? I was kinda expecting OMV to be a "KISS" (Keep it simple, stupid) solution so I could ease up on management requirements.. but it's starting to seem like it's the exact opposite of that.

• Offizieller Beitrag

OMV is KISS but some equipment is better suited to raid than others. I have run mdadm raid 5 for years without issues. Others have lots of issues. I have yet to figure out the common factor in the raid problems.

• Alright..
    Seeing as everything worked fine when running a standard CLI server, other than me being unaware of the magical 16TB limit, I think I'll just revert to that and give up on this OMV adventure for now.
    Maybe some day.

I do appreciate your time, however, Rye. Thanks!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!