Harddrive setup

• So, I'm completely lost. I installed OMV on a blank HD on my old dell. Once everything was installed I plugged in the original HD with the Windows OS stilled installed. Everything comes up okay I can see the drives but have no idea how to wipe the Windows drive and set up a share. When i try to select a volume on a new share I'm trying to set up the drop down menu is blank. Where do i go from here?

• First you need to format the drive with the filesystem you want and then mount the filesystem, and after that you can create a share.
    Go to File Systems then delete the windows one, aftrer that format the drive en ext4 and mount. When you have done all this steps you can create share.

• Great inputs... thanks. Does it matter what file system I use? Can I save MS Office and PDf files on a ext4 files system?

Yes, you can save anything you want on that system. ext4 is just the filesystem used by OMV and is a very common and mature (as in solid) linux filesystem. You create a shared folder on OMV and just use it with the SMB/CIF services from your other pc's.

ASRock H97 Pro4 | 8Gb 1600 | i3 4130T | 3x WD Red 4TB with SnapRAID | Backup to Crashplan & External HDD

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!