Snapraid and AUFS

• Hi Everyone,

Hoping someone may be able to help me out, since i think i'm starting to lose my mind.

I recently setup OMV installed, created an AUFS share and set up snapraid on 3 disks with content and 1 parity disk.

OMV at this point was installed on an SSD connected through a sata port, i then moved that SSD to an external usb enclosure so that i could free up a sata port. Long story short it didn't boot from the usb enclosure and i reinstalled OMV onto the SSD, which i probably shouldn't have done.

I then set up OMV again with snapraid and AUFS and added another parity disk. However since i reinstalled OMV i had to rename the disks since they changed, which i did through the CLI. After i did that snapraid no longer recognised the content files i had on them before and wouldn't sync. I also noticed that there's another file system with a missing status?

Is there a way to delete all of the snapraid information (content and parity) and re-do it all?

I've also attached a picture with the other missing file system.

Thanks guys.

• Every time I do this, I kick myself.

The UUID and the label for the missing disk need to be the same as it was in the original configuration. You can find the UUID and label in /etc/openmediavault/config.xml. The easiest way to find it is to search for the original label of the missing disk.

Change the label of the missing volume via:

sudo e2label /dev/sdX1 "mydiskname"

Change the UUID of the volume via:

sudo tune2fs /dev/sde5 -U uuid

You should see the disk reappear in the file system inventory.

FON

OMV 2.1.x (Stone Burner) 64bit running on an Dell XPS8500 @ 3.4Ghz with 3.16 Backports Kernel with 28 x 4TB WD Reds (110 TB) in MediaSonic Probox enclosures connected by USB 3.0 =O . Snapraid 9.3 for Backup :) . Plex on a separate box for serving media.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!