Parity disk on snapraid if more full than data disks

• Hi,

my parity disk is much more full than the data disk in my snapraid configuration. The difference is about 1 TiB with 3.58 TiB drives. From what I understand about Snapraid this should not be the case. Is there any way to find out what is going on? It might be that there is some old data on the parity drive from an OMV configuration I was running before the current.

The filesytems currently look like this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1q84…tems_TiredHornet.JPG?dl=0
    wdrperry it the parity drive and wdrbety and wdratlan are the data drives.

My Snapraid configuration:

my snapraid status:

OMV Server: Fujitsu D3644-B, Intel Core i3-8100, 8GB DDR4 2400MHz, Sandisk SanDisk pSSD 128GB (USB), 4x 4TB WD40EFRX, 512 m2 SSD

• Examine the parity drive contents with ls. The parity file is:

snapraid.parity

You may also have the following files, but they are minuscule in size compared to the parity file.

snapraid.content
    aquota.user
    aquota.group

If you have other large files there, find out what they are and if you want to keep them or not.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Okay I did that and found two files called:

parity.file
    parity.file.lock

The first is about 1 TB in size and both have not be altered for more than 1.5 years so I suppose they belong to the old configuration. Anyway to find out if I need these files? Or does anyone know these kind of files?

OMV Server: Fujitsu D3644-B, Intel Core i3-8100, 8GB DDR4 2400MHz, Sandisk SanDisk pSSD 128GB (USB), 4x 4TB WD40EFRX, 512 m2 SSD

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von TiredHornet ()

• I finally got around to fixing this problem. I asked in the SnapRaid forum and was told to check the snapraid.conf file for any mention of "parity.file" and "parity.file.lock". Since they were not in the config file. it was safe to delete them using - rm -

Code
    rm parity.file
    rm parity.file.lock

Now all drives included in my snapraid setup have the same amount of disk space used.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!