Can't Delete files on ETX4 / Possible Permission Issue

• Ok guys here's the picture:
    1. Two days ago I reformatted my desktop (linux debian)
    2. I've updated OMV and uninstalled owncloud

Problem:
    I Can mount a etx4 but can't write to disk like before, with same credentials!

more info:
    My client FSTAB line:

Code
    //media.local/Downloads        /media/user/Server_Downloads       cifs              file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,defaults,user,auto,rw,username=xxxxxxx,password=xxxxxxxxx            0                0

I have no firewall Rules and everything is set to give read/write permissions like before when was working. It's an etx4 partition!!!
    Another maybe valid info is that I've changed my admin password recently... After this problem I've changed it back...

Can anyone please be kind to point what I'm doing wrong?

• I've just tried to clear the ACL's by the WebUi with the admin account and got Permissions Denied:

Code
    Clearing ACLs ...
    setfacl: /media/9b9c0349-a53e-428b-9eb1-05a7f79c8f6e///aquota.user: Operation not permitted
    setfacl: /media/9b9c0349-a53e-428b-9eb1-05a7f79c8f6e///aquota.group: Operation not permitted
    Done...

I guess the update or the owncloud installation didn't went well...

I can't Unmount my partitions as well... Aparently I have no more permissions with the admin account... I'm assuming that btw...

• Sorry for asking but I'm a noob...

So, this is a mount problem on my desktop? not a server one?

If so, I know it's not a OMV question but...
    Can you help me mount this the right way?

I don't wanna abuse your kindness... If need be I'll close this question as a non related to OMV!

• Offizieller Beitrag

We can help, but you need to help yourself by reading and not expecting this forum to give you all the answers, and pretend Google doesn't exist. I've already mentioned about the uid which I think the problem is, have you read this

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MountWindowsSharesPermanently

Put in The cifs line uid=1000 or whatever number your user has assigned as uid

• I did help myself and found this in other location... And I'm sorry for bugging I really am... I've tried the answer that you advised me of and from that other website and still got nothing... Like I've said I can't even unmount my disks in OMV through webUi only as root in the terminal... So could this be another problem that has nothing to do with mounting issues?

Btw, off topic here: I love this community :D The best folks I ever found online, that made me change all my NAS to OMV so I really thank you subzero79 and all other for all the help! If in any way I can give it back a bit to this community I'll be glad to!!! :D

• Mounting wasn't the problem bud... I couldn't even unmount my drives in openmediavault admin webui... All programs like Plex got some kind of permission issue... Now that I had the time I did the hole installation again, reformatted the hole server from scratch, and now, everything works... I don't know what was the problem but mounting wasn't it... Like I've said I made an uninstallation of OwnCloud Plugin, after that I updated the server and after that I've changed the admin passwords (which I restored after noticing these problems)... In some way these chain of events or an error on the process of these events screwed everything up...

Thanks for the help anyway... If some day I come across this error again I'll shout :D Cya!!!

• Thats not an error you should be concerned about. Those two folders simply can't be altered with setfacl

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Thats not an error you should be concerned about. Those two folders simply can't be altered with setfacl

Thanks David... I ended up formatting and doing it all over again which resolved my problems... But thank you, now if I encounter that error again I'll take what you've said as noted!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!