Cannot view/mount in OMV an android phone or an external FAT32 usb

• Hello :)

Congratulations for all your hard work in producing OMV!

I am a really new user (just couple of days) and have the below issues. I tried to find a solution but i failed.

• 1st Issue

• I am attaching an android phone. Below is reported to the dmesg. However i am not able to view it in filesystems or devices in OMV UI. what am i doing wrong?
      • [Edit]: As clarified, it is not currently supported due to the method according to which MTP devices are mounted.

• 2nd Issue

• I am attaching a 2TB external usb disk with one partition in FAT. I can see the device but not the filesystems. What am i doing wrong
      • [Edit] One of fat32,exfat is not supported, that's why it is not presented to OMV

Below is an excerpt from the Report information:

Let me know if additional information is required.

Giorgos

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von giorger ()

• Tried the below:

Let me know if additional info are needed

Giorgos

• Not actually.
    If i deploy one in Virtualbox, will it do the trick? Any preference in certain linux distribution?

• I tested this on the current OMV 2.x with 2 different Samsung Android devices. I added the MTP libraries but I wasn't able to view or mount any paths to the phones. I think it may be related to the kernel version but I could be wrong. I'm no guru at this. I tested this against Ubuntu Mate on an RPi 2 and Linux Mint 17.3. Both cases found my phone with no problem. Both were using 4.x kernels while OMV 2.x is using 3.16 backports. That may be the difference maker but I would suggest trying sharing using a Windows or Mac to a shared smb or nfs. See if that helps instead of trying to mount your device directly. Most Androids now don't require root access now and you should have no issue with sharing.

• @subzero79
    In Ubuntu 14.04 i get the below:

@shadowzero
    My "use case" let's say is that i would like to configure "automatic backup" feature of OVM, so that certain folders are retrieved automatically when mobile phone is connected via USB. Should you have any other workarounds kindly let me know.

Giorgos

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ok. What I expected is using gvfs with libmtp. Is using a special library and is not showing as a mass storage device with a fs signature (uuid).

For this time this will not work in omv so that you can mount it though the webui. You can use the library and tools described in the debian wiki to mount it to another point. You can work from there if you want to backup.
    You can look at an utility called autofs that mounts devices as soon as some process tries to access the mounting path. I am not sure this will workSo you'll have to create a scheduled task and run it manually every time you plug the android.

Found this link also seems interesting
    http://bernaerts.dyndns.org/li…untu-automount-nexus7-mtp

• Tried to use mtpfs as per below:

but i think that the problem remains since it is not provided with an id and OMV does not recognize it.

So, i understand that it is not supported as a feature currently by OMV, correct?

If yes, i will try to build a shell script for my needs as u also suggested.

Giorgos

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!