Giving OpenVpn AS it's own lan ip

• I'm currently trying to setup openvpn with no ip for a dynamic ip, I don't want to completely put my omv control panel online just openvpn.

omv uses 192.168.0.13 while open vpn uses 192.168.0.13:943 is there a way I can give openvpn it's own lan ip like 192.168.0.14 just so the vpn is only online?

• You could use a virtual network interface with that IP. But you don't want to do that. (don't do it, it will not solve your problem)

I assume you have a router connected to the internet? Then just forward the necessary OpenVPN ports.
    Depending on your configuration this is Port 1194 UDP, but if you are right in your case it would be port 943

• Even if I'm able to configure openvpn ap to accept dynamic ips that would work.. Static Ips don't work very well with my isp, causes my connection to drop out.

It's all port forwarded just need to figure out how to setup dynamic ips

• If you only open the ports that OpenVPN AS uses that is all that will be online. Forward ports 943 TCP and 1194 UDP from your router to your OMV. You do not need to use another LAN ip address.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!