Rsync tutorial

• Offizieller Beitrag

For a push (remote) style sync:
    - Initiated on source using Rsync -> Jobs
    - Syncing to destination's rsyncd server configured in Rsync -> Server -> Modules

1 - Create module on destination in Rsync -> Server -> Modules called "movies"
    2 - Create job on source server in Rsync -> Jobs
    - type is: remote
    - mode is: push
    - destination server should be: aaron@serverip::movies
    - enter users password

Should work. Obviously, there are many different methods of doing this.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Don't think I ever saw that guide. Well, now there is an example of a push sync and a pull sync :)

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• It's a pull for fething files on a remote linux machine, but in the same network. I have not set upp rsync on source machine, but it ssh is installed. The folder is a shared folder via samba. It seems the connection to the source folder is denied. My question is: Do I have to set up the destination machine with ssh keys?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Omv 2.0 doesn't not support rsync in the webui with remote transport shell (ssh). At least not in a very straightforward way.
    It can do it, but it has to be with keys and this keys need to be without passphrase and login with password has to be disabled. So yes if the remote server doesn't have a rsync daemon you can use ssh but it has to be configured as I mentioned.

At the bottom of the rsync task where it says extra options you can put
    --rsh "ssh -i /path/to/identifyfile"

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!