RAID _completely_ disappeared and device letter lottery

• Hi

I have a severe problem concerning more debian than OMV I think. But let's see:

For those, who remember my partition problems with my special setup - this seems to be fixed. So the issue is a linux only one ;)

I have 10 disks in a RAID6 array. starting /dev/sdb to /dev/sdk. In the moment tha RAID is doing its job. BUT if I reboot the machine the RAID is gone. cat /proc/mdstat reports just nothing. no raid, no setup not anything.
    doing ls /dev/sd* I get any random letters for the drives. So I have to reboot as often that I get back the letters /dev/sd[b..k].
    After I have the letters back, I will have to do a mdadm --create --assume-clean --level=6 --raid-devices=10 /dev/md0 /dev/sdb /dev/sdc /dev/sdd /dev/sde /dev/sdf /dev/sdg /dev/sdh /dev/sdi /dev/sdj /dev/sdk to get my array back. This is working until next reboot. Here the game starts again. Rebooting until the letters are lined up and then forcing the RAID to be reassembled assuming the data as correct and rewriting the RAID superblocks to the disks.

can please someone of you gurus give advice why I lose the RAID and why the devices are scrambled?

thanks in advance!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!