Grub goes into rescue mode

• OK Here I go. I installed OMV on my USB drive without my hard drive connected as per the instructions from the Sourceforge documentation. I installed OMV, shut it down, connected the hard drive and Grub goes in to rescue mode saying " no such device 57624f13-afe2-47bb-90b5-398b7d3cfdf" I am assuming that is the hard drive I connected.
    It is on a Dell GX620. I moved the Sata cable to another port, Grub still complained. I have turned off the drives. It booted, but the hard drive didn't show up.

I would install with both drives, but all the information says that is not the way to go. I ran the system rescue off the install CD, It asked if I wanted to go to a shell, since I wouldn't know what do do when I got there, I rebooted. Same as before. Grub goes into rescue mode.

Could I have missed a step when I installed? Or got things in the wrong order?
    I need to get this thing rolling, it is supposed to be a backup file server.

I would appreciate any help with this, Linux is not exactly my strong suit anyway

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!