Subsonic Fork w/o "Premium"

• OMV 2.x
    • Subsonic Fork w/o "Premium"

Hi, it looks like the subsonic plugin in omv-extras installs the "official" subsonic package that requires a license for "Premium" features. I was wondering if there was an easy way to install this fork of Subsonic that does not require a license for all the features. I'm not that familiar with Linux though I can feel my way around it. The install instructions on that git page seems complicated and I don't want to screw up my current OMV setup. Any help to point me in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    • I too would like to not be required to pay to play on this one... I supported this software previously, and also found something called "madsonic" which was also free forever. (it has recently monetized as well [a-hole]) I think this is definitely worth the switch. I will attempt to replace the existing subsonic with this other one in a test environment to see how well it will function.
    • so the quick and dirty way to fix this is to do the following:

in OMV set subsonic to disabled
      apply
      from terminal or ssh client issue this command as root : ps -ef |grep sub
      you should not see something like this:

subsonic 2742 1 84 00:16 pts/1 00:00:04 java -Xmx150m -Dsubsonic.home=/var/subsonic -Dsubsonic.host=0.0.0.0 -Dsubsonic.port=4040 -Dsubsonic.httpsPort=0 -Dsubsonic.contextPath=/ -Dsubsonic.defaultMusicFolder=/var/music -Dsubsonic.defaultPodcastFolder=/var/music/Podcast -Dsubsonic.defaultPlaylistFolder=/var/playlists -Djava.awt.headless=true -verbose:gc -jar subsonic-booter-jar-with-dependencies.jar

go to the site you mentioned above, and grab the compiled binary for the version you are using (5.3 or 6.x beta)

using this command (ish)
      wget github.com/EugeneKay/subsonic/…ng/subsonic-v5.3-kang.war for 5.3 for example or
      wget github.com/EugeneKay/subsonic/…sonic-v6.0-beta1-kang.war for the 6.x beta version

wherever you download this to (i did to /tmp)

run this command to find the java binary needed for this to run:

find / -name *.war

i got these two results:
      /usr/share/subsonic/subsonic.war
      /tmp/subsonic-v5.3-kang.war

i migrated the original one with:
      mv /usr/share/subsonic/subsonic.war /usr/share/subsonic/subsonic.war.original
      then cp /tmp/subsonic-v5.3-kang.war /usr/share/subsonic/subsonic.war

then set the subsonic plugin to enabled... waited a minute or so and logged back in..

no nags for the subscription