Installation of Drivers

• Hi
    I am a newbie to Linux. I am running version 0.3 and I have just installed a new VIA VT6421 based PCI-SATA card. How do I go about installing drivers so that OMV can use the card. Would it be easier to reinstall the OS and let the it sort this out.
    BTW I assume that this is the problem as OMV detects all the HDDs connected to the mainboard but not the ones connected to the new card.
    Thanks
    Snarfty

• Can you please run the command lspci from a shell (ssh) and put the output in here?

It should get recognized. Also is the card/controller showing up on BIOS prompt during startup of the system?

Everything is possible, sometimes it requires Google to find out how.

• Ok so what have I done wrong??

There are alot of important updates in my update manager which won't update (can't resolve FTP server errors when I try)

according to the shells help command there doesn't seem to any command that even remotely looks like lspci.

Also I see nothing that indicates that the BIOS has or has not detected the card

• Ok don't worry about anything.
    It has just decided to work. I have no idea how or why but it can no see both drives connected to the PCI card.
    Thanks for the help SerErris

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!