Want to install Plex on OMV Stoneburner. Not working

• Hi all,

Before I say anything I just want to point out that I am a complete beginner and I am only 15, so I don't know much about OMV. My problem is that I want to install Plex onto OMV so i can share photos and videos with all the devices in the house, I have been following this guide OMV-Extras.org Plugin but every time I go to upload the repo, I get an error (see attachment). What can I do to rectify this???

Thanks

• It is cool you are using linux at 15 and not spending all your day on Facebook!!!

The Guide section of the forum is just for Guides/How Tos. This post may be moved by an admin to another section of the forum. Normally posts that are not Guides in this section will not be approved and moved, or deleted.

When you get a lock message there is likely another upgrade going on. There could be a cron job running or something too that will not let you install a plugin. You can wait a while to try later. If you wait an hour and it still is not letting you I would reboot and then try.

Good Luck and ask as many questions as you need too!!!

• It seems that there is already a process running that locks dpkg. Usually this either means you're already installing something via CLI or a background process is running an apt-get update to update your package list.

A reboot should solve this issue without further interaction.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Thanks for the replies guys however,
    I did reboot the system, but whenever I upload the file it just keeps on "Checking for new plugins" and doesn't stop. It has been doing that for at least a hour

• Offizieller Beitrag

post the output of apt-get update from command line/putty over ssh

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!