device for build not in list

• OMV 2.x
    • Resolved

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• device for build not in list

Dear all,

I tried to build a Mirror "Raid". The devices are shown in physical disks (sdh and sdi), there I wiped them. When I now try to build the RAID, only one (sdi) of the 2 disks are shown in the list. They are both connected with USB on the system.

The same is when I just try to make a new filesystem... in the drop down list is only sdi ... sdh is missing there, too.

Where can be the problem? What can I do?

Regards.
      OMV 2.2.1 @ AMD Athlon(tm) XP 3000+
      OMV 2.2. @ Banana Pi M1 (only for testing)
    • It must not have wipe properly. I would - where sdX is the drive not showing up in the list:

mdadm --zero-superblock /dev/sdX (this command may give error)
      dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdX bs=512 count=10000
      omv 4.1.9 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.10
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • The first line would remove raid info if the drive had been in an array before. The second line zeros a lot of the info on the drive like boot sector, partition table, and other things that may make the drive appear to be in a previous array or already have a filesystem on it.
      omv 4.1.9 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.10
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!