Permissions for DLNA shares

• OMV 2.x
    • Resolved

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Permissions for DLNA shares

Greetings, I've been having trouble understanding what kind of permissions I need to give my shares. I don't seem to have any problem creating a user to access shares via SMB, but I also have MiniDLNA plugin serving a folder of videos. The folder appears empty from pretty much any device (Android phone, Roku 3).. It's easy enough to type in a username/password when connecting to an SMB share but I don't have options to add login info from most DLNA clients. Any suggestions on how I can set the permissions of the share I want to access via DLNA? Thanks. I'm running it on a Raspberry Pi B+.
    • The plugin adds the minidlna user to the users group. So, the files just need to be accessible by the users group. If you use the default permissions on the shared folders you use in minidlna, it should find the files just fine.
      omv 4.1.4 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 backports kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.3
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

Please read this before posting a question.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • Yes, minidlna has to create an initial database of the media files. If you have large bluray rips, it can take a long time.
      omv 4.1.4 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 backports kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.3
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

Please read this before posting a question.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!