Automated TV Downloads

• OMV 2.x
    • Automated TV Downloads

I've been running Transmission with a push from Showrss.info for several years now. They recently migrated to a new site and the transmission push feature has been removed. So now I'm having to manually check the rss feed for new episodes.

So now I have questions:
      1. Is there anyway to make transmission read the rss feed to automatically add the new episodes and download them?

2. If not, is there another plugin available that will do what I want?

Thanks in advance.
    • hellfyre9 wrote:

Is there anyway to make transmission read the rss feed to automatically add the new episodes and download them?

Transmission doesn't read rss feeds

hellfyre9 wrote:

If not, is there another plugin available that will do what I want?

There is a plugin for sonarr, sonarr is designed for TV shows using rss feeds. For movies maybe couchpotato, there is a plugin also. For managing both flexget might be a good an alternative, but it has a very very steep learning curve.
      New wiki
      chat support at #openmediavault@freenode IRC | Spanish & English | GMT+10
      telegram.me/openmediavault broadcast channel
      openmediavault discord server
    • I was in the process to do a youtube video on my setup that I think works GREAT. But I'll quickly write out the steps I use.

Software,
      1. OMV( of course)
      2. SickRage
      3. Some custom scripts.

SickRage(SR) I have this setup running on a external VPS server(because I have a few other friends using the application as well, but it does work on OMV directly. I have tested it out). I have subscribed to several tv shows. SR downloads the .torrent files, not the actual TV show, just the torrent file. I have a automated cron to build a RSS feed based on what .torrent files are in a directory. Back on my OMV at home. I have another script that grabs the files from the RSS feed places them into the transmission directory which in turn has them autodown, once they are downloaded I have another script that moves the completed downloaded TV shows into my PLEX directory.

Thats pretty much it in a nutshell. It's totally handoff setup. I don't need to visit websites to download torrents. It's pretty much like a PVR setup. Normally within 10-20mins after the show airs the torrents are pickup and sometimes within 30 mins I can be watching my fav tv shows. Great thing about having SR on the VPS(and I'm sure you can do this as well on OMV opening up a port) I can connect remotely, from work for example, and add a new tv show I may have just found out about. Add the new TV show, force it to download all the episodes , and by the time I get home they are all ready to watch on PLEX.

sickrage.github.io/