Samba 4 installation

• Offizieller Beitrag

People have tried it and it has been successful in everything I have read. The plugin in OMV does not take advantage of any of the new features though.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.11 | compose 7.1.3 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Well there is some advantage. Beside speed, Samba 3.6.6 is using as max protocol SMB 2.0(introduced on Windows 7) which on Windows 10 (and what I read on forums, Windows 8, 8.1 as well) is causing serious issues when trying to open a .exe file (Error "The parameter is incorrect"). The solution is to set the max protocol version to NT1 with anything means this or of course follow the SMB version of Windows (needs at least SMB 2.1).

• Offizieller Beitrag

I guess I was thinking more about the active directory additions. The smb3 protocol will definitely help people unlucky enough to be using Win10 :) OMV 3 will use samba4 by the way.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.11 | compose 7.1.3 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• is causing serious issues when trying to open a .exe file

By opening you mean executing? Execution is disabled (by default) on Data Drives anyway.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I'm getting error message Parameter is incorrect. I search it and people (also with Windows 8.1) have various solutions but for me the one that played was to disable SMB2. According to the man pages and changelog, Samba 3.6.6 is supports SMB 2.0 (introduced on Windows 7). After that there are more SMB 2 versions which introduced on Windows 8 and 8.1 till SMB 3 on Windows 10 and all these versions are supported only on Samba 4.

• Um, actually it might also work with smb version below 2, did you try that?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Guess you have to wait for 3.0 to hit stable to have those benefits again. :(

Greetings
    David

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!