How to make a log server on OMV?

• Mmm...the RPi is overloaded with rrdcached activity, which is part of the statistics collection. If you can get to it, I reckon turning off statistics collection might just relieve the cpu from 100% load. I've had several goes at my RPi1, and I am just figuring out the issues (mainly RPi can get overloaded very easily). After rebooting my RPi, it cannot even get itself attached back on the network!! So, I'll have to start over with another new OMV SD card (again). So maybe by tomorrow, I'll be another step closer to a slow, but working, OMV install.

Hope this hint helps.

• I have done a great mistake.

Under Diagnostics -> System Logs -> Settings I have setup the server address itself and enabled it.

The result is that the server is not accessible by web or ssh.

I have rebooted and started in maintenance mode.
    There I have try
    services rsyslog stop
    systemctl disable rsyslog

With that the web interface is accessible after reboot, but after a while the system gets slow. I can not deactivate under Diagnostics -> System Logs -> Settings

How can I deactivate this from the console?

Thank you

Gesendet von meinem A0001 mit Tapatalk

• I have solved the Problem.

I have deleted the files:
    /etc/rsyslog.d/incoming.conf
    /etc/rsyslog.d/openmediafault-remote.conf

I have deleted all huge files under
    /var/log/

With this I can re-enable rsyslog again
    systemctl enable rsyslog

reboot the system
    The web Interface was accessible and I could deactivate the settings under Diagnostics -> System Logs -> Settings.

Now the systems seems to be working normally.

• Thank you ryecoaaron for these settings. Setup my OMV acting as syslog server for many devices, and its great having it centralized.
    Since I didn't want everything recording to the default syslog, I set up different logs as needed for the varied devices (http://www.rsyslog.com/storing…tem-into-a-specific-file/). However since I've done that, the logs are obviously no longer visible in the OMV GUI (use SSH right now which is fine)

Is there a way to set which logs appear in the drop down menu on the System Logs page? I glanced through the OMV config and didn't see one, and it would be nice to add custom logs to give another option to view the logs.

Also, if there are many others using OMV as a syslog server, may I suggest adding GUI config support for it? I see there's a bug tracker noted above, but the link isn't working so not sure if that was for this. Also, at least for me, it would be nice to have a separate GUI page to view logs (including custom added ones as mentioned), like how Duplicati and Plex have their own GUI page viewable at omvIP:port. Would allow quick access to view logs without having to log into OMV

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there a way to set which logs appear in the drop down menu on the System Logs page? I glanced through the OMV config and didn't see one, and it would be nice to add custom logs to give another option to view the logs.

Yes but it isn't easy. You have to create a file like this for the web interface portion and a file like this to read the log.

Also, if there are many others using OMV as a syslog server, may I suggest adding GUI config support for it? I see there's a bug tracker noted above, but the link isn't working so not sure if that was for thi

I filed that issue and the link points to the old bugtracker. It is pretty easy to add the file so I never made anything to add GUI support.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!