Amazon Clouddrive plugin

• OMV 2.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Amazon Clouddrive plugin

Dear All,

is there already a plugin, or is someone working on one, to backup photos and videos to the Amazon Clouddrive? I have seen that someone else was using s3fs to do it with the S3 Servers (link). So I am looking for nice handle able plugin to inlcude that feature in OMV webGUI to do a backup of the photos and videos to amazon (for primemembers is there a unlimited storage included).

Thanks for a short answer.

Regards.
      OMV 2.2.1 @ AMD Athlon(tm) XP 3000+
      OMV 2.2. @ Banana Pi M1 (only for testing)
    • I found a linux tool called rclone. That toole should be able to work with different clouddrives. Amazon as also google.
      Maybe someone is interested or have the knowledged to do a plugin for omv based on the rclone - or the idea of it.
      OMV 2.2.1 @ AMD Athlon(tm) XP 3000+
      OMV 2.2. @ Banana Pi M1 (only for testing)
    • free2k wrote:

I'm also interested in such a plugin for amazon drive +1
      That is part of my reason for writing the plugin. Just not enough time lately.
      omv 4.1.9 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.10
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • Hello,

I have just created a pull-request to update the rclone package to v 1.33.
      V1.32 does not have encryption support.

I have checked/tested v.1.32 and it does work with Cloud drive per-se. But one needs a web-browser on the omv-machine to grant access to cloud drive to rclone. Except for the last step, this works with lynx. The last step does not work (could not load page), so that I installed the openmediavault remotedesktop plugin and firefox. With that, it was very easy to set up the connection.

I already pushed a file to cloud drive. But before proper usage, I need encryption.

When trying to build that updated package, I get

/home/henfri/rclone/debian/install: 1: /home/henfri/rclone/debian/install: usr/*: not found

dh_install: problem reading debian/install:
      debian/rules:4: recipe for target 'binary' failed
      make: *** [binary] Error 127
      dpkg-buildpackage: Fehler: Fehler-Exitstatus von fakeroot debian/rules binary war 2
      debuild: fatal error at line 1376:
      dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -d -us -uc -aamd64 -b failed
      tough

Greetings,
      Hendrik

The post was edited 1 time, last by henfri ().

• Merged your changes but I haven't even tried the script. I just threw that together real quick. Sorry, my motivation to work the rclone plugin lately has been pretty low.

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
    • Hi,
      meanwhile rclone is on v1.34.
      I am thinking since a few days as well about a strategie, how to get my data from OMV to an encrypted online storage (amazon drive).
      Ideally incremental backups, but this i quite impossible i think, if you encrypt the data.

Rclone seems to be a good solution.
      There also some other alternatives, as cryptomator, boxcryptor (commercial).
      May I ask for experiences or the your strategies?
    • Hello,

any news on this project? I even want to use Amazon drive with OMV(v3).
      Thanks in advance
      OMV-Server-HW: MoBo Fujitsu D3417-B2 (Intel-LAN), Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 Kaby Lake (4x3.70GHz), 16GB-Ram ECC UDIMM, 1x512GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro (sda2 - 30GB system, 4GB swap, sda5/rest - for work), 4x3TB WD Red's Snapraid w/ mergerfs, 2x DVB-S2 card DVBSky s952v3,

OMV-Server-SW: Debian Stretch with 4.15.x-Backports-Kernel (always up-to-date), OMV 4.1.x (always latest), omv-extras-plugin (always latests), AutoShutdown-Plugin, Virtualbox (with DSM 6.1.x), PlexMediaServer, SMB-Shares, TVHeadendServer (unstable release)

BackupServer: Synology DS1010+ with 4GB Ram, 9TB@SHR (different hdd's), DSM 5.2-5967-2
    • Huberer wrote:

any news on this project?
      Not really. Can't come up with a good way to create the user interface.

• Sorry to hear. What a pity! Hopefully there will be package somewhere in the future. Thanks again.
      OMV-Server-HW: MoBo Fujitsu D3417-B2 (Intel-LAN), Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 Kaby Lake (4x3.70GHz), 16GB-Ram ECC UDIMM, 1x512GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro (sda2 - 30GB system, 4GB swap, sda5/rest - for work), 4x3TB WD Red's Snapraid w/ mergerfs, 2x DVB-S2 card DVBSky s952v3,

OMV-Server-SW: Debian Stretch with 4.15.x-Backports-Kernel (always up-to-date), OMV 4.1.x (always latest), omv-extras-plugin (always latests), AutoShutdown-Plugin, Virtualbox (with DSM 6.1.x), PlexMediaServer, SMB-Shares, TVHeadendServer (unstable release)

BackupServer: Synology DS1010+ with 4GB Ram, 9TB@SHR (different hdd's), DSM 5.2-5967-2
    • You could still use rclone from the command line. Right now, the plugin just writes the config file. Just need ideas on how create/start backups.

• Thanks, I already did it (at least I've installed it but I have to find the time to go ahead)