Amazon Clouddrive plugin

• Dear All,

is there already a plugin, or is someone working on one, to backup photos and videos to the Amazon Clouddrive? I have seen that someone else was using s3fs to do it with the S3 Servers (link). So I am looking for nice handle able plugin to inlcude that feature in OMV webGUI to do a backup of the photos and videos to amazon (for primemembers is there a unlimited storage included).

Thanks for a short answer.

Regards.

OMV 2.2.1 @ AMD Athlon(tm) XP 3000+
    OMV 2.2. @ Banana Pi M1 (only for testing)

• I found a linux tool called rclone. That toole should be able to work with different clouddrives. Amazon as also google.
    Maybe someone is interested or have the knowledged to do a plugin for omv based on the rclone - or the idea of it.

OMV 2.2.1 @ AMD Athlon(tm) XP 3000+
    OMV 2.2. @ Banana Pi M1 (only for testing)

• Offizieller Beitrag

I am slowly working on an rclone plugin.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm also interested in such a plugin for amazon drive +1

That is part of my reason for writing the plugin. Just not enough time lately.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Hello,

I have just created a pull-request to update the rclone package to v 1.33.
    V1.32 does not have encryption support.

I have checked/tested v.1.32 and it does work with Cloud drive per-se. But one needs a web-browser on the omv-machine to grant access to cloud drive to rclone. Except for the last step, this works with lynx. The last step does not work (could not load page), so that I installed the openmediavault remotedesktop plugin and firefox. With that, it was very easy to set up the connection.

I already pushed a file to cloud drive. But before proper usage, I need encryption.

When trying to build that updated package, I get

tough

Greetings,
    Hendrik

• Offizieller Beitrag

Merged your changes but I haven't even tried the script. I just threw that together real quick. Sorry, my motivation to work the rclone plugin lately has been pretty low.

• Hi,
    meanwhile rclone is on v1.34.
    I am thinking since a few days as well about a strategie, how to get my data from OMV to an encrypted online storage (amazon drive).
    Ideally incremental backups, but this i quite impossible i think, if you encrypt the data.

Rclone seems to be a good solution.
    There also some other alternatives, as cryptomator, boxcryptor (commercial).
    May I ask for experiences or the your strategies?

• Hello,

any news on this project? I even want to use Amazon drive with OMV(v3).
    Thanks in advance

OMV-Server-HW: MoBo Fujitsu D3417-B2 (Intel-LAN), Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 Kaby Lake (4x3.70GHz), 16GB-Ram ECC UDIMM, 1x512GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro (sda2 - 30GB system, 4GB swap, sda5/rest - for work), 1x 10TB WD Red Pro, 1x 3TB WD Red (both basic setup) - Digibit R1 Sat-IP-Server with SatIP-Axe-Firmware

OMV-Server-SW: Debian Buster with Proxmox kernel (always up-to-date), OMV v5 (always latest), omv-extras-plugin (always latests), AutoShutdown-Plugin, Docker with PlexMediaServer, TVHeadend, any many more

BackupServer: Synology DS1010+ with 4GB Ram, 9TB@SHR (different hdd's), DSM 5.2-5967-2

• Offizieller Beitrag

any news on this project?

Not really. Can't come up with a good way to create the user interface.

• Sorry to hear. What a pity! Hopefully there will be package somewhere in the future. Thanks again.

OMV-Server-HW: MoBo Fujitsu D3417-B2 (Intel-LAN), Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 Kaby Lake (4x3.70GHz), 16GB-Ram ECC UDIMM, 1x512GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro (sda2 - 30GB system, 4GB swap, sda5/rest - for work), 1x 10TB WD Red Pro, 1x 3TB WD Red (both basic setup) - Digibit R1 Sat-IP-Server with SatIP-Axe-Firmware

OMV-Server-SW: Debian Buster with Proxmox kernel (always up-to-date), OMV v5 (always latest), omv-extras-plugin (always latests), AutoShutdown-Plugin, Docker with PlexMediaServer, TVHeadend, any many more

BackupServer: Synology DS1010+ with 4GB Ram, 9TB@SHR (different hdd's), DSM 5.2-5967-2

• Offizieller Beitrag

You could still use rclone from the command line. Right now, the plugin just writes the config file. Just need ideas on how create/start backups.

• Thanks, I already did it (at least I've installed it but I have to find the time to go ahead)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!