Rsync, FreeFileSync, and Syncovery

• Hello

My son is a professional DJ and maintains a huge music and video library. I am building him a server based on OMV to store all his media in backup. He needs to sync two of his work laptops whenever new music is released/added as well as pull down songs for events that are not currently on the laptop but stored on the OMV Server. All the media is owned/purchased or used via a licensing service.

Looking for advice on what Program/App to use for this functionality? Are these three programs what I am looking for?

• Hello

My son is a professional DJ and maintains a huge music and video library. I am building him a server based on OMV to store all his media in backup. He needs to sync two of his work laptops whenever new music is released/added as well as pull down songs for events that are not currently on the laptop but stored on the OMV Server. All the media is owned/purchased or used via a licensing service.

Looking for advice on what Program/App to use for this functionality? Are these three programs what I am looking for?

Rsync for cerebral command line personalities (professional sys admins).

Freefilesync nice graphical easy to use yet powerful application for the rest of us.

Personally I prefer to use a gui app compared to poring through cryptic log files & man pages.

YMMV

• Thanks Peter, I have decided to use FreeFile Sync. Now the question is how to add it to the OMV Server. I tried using FFS Website to install it, but it never starts. Tried starting it via CMD Line, no joy! Didn't get any answers on their Forum. Ideas or suggestions? Also, anybody please feel free to chime in.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Also, anybody please feel free to chime in.

The latest freefilesync 9.8 via their website runs on debian 9.3, this is probably the reason it will not run, either update OMV or find an earlier version of freefilesync

• The latest freefilesync 9.8 via their website runs on debian 9.3, this is probably the reason it will not run, either update OMV or find an earlier version of freefilesync

Geaves,
    Are u saying that "freefilesync9.0" is possible to use under OMV3 or 4 under Omv GUI or strictly under terminal?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Are u saying that "freefilesync9.0" is possible to use under OMV3 or 4 under Omv GUI or strictly under terminal?

There is no plugin for it. So, it must be command line or possibly its own web interface (I don't know anything about freefilesync).

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks Peter, I have decided to use FreeFile Sync. Now the question is how to add it to the OMV Server. I tried using FFS Website to install it, but it never starts. Tried starting it via CMD Line, no joy! Didn't get any answers on their Forum. Ideas or suggestions? Also, anybody please feel free to chime in.

you do not need to add FreefileSync to OMV, you need to install FreeFileSync on your laptop PC and sync your samba share OMV folder (backup) and your local folder (main active), thats all.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!