missing UPS Temperature Graph

• Howdy!

As the subject mentioned I am not seeing the temperature graph for my UPS. I've searched the forums but am not able to find much related to this issue.

Background: I have a APC UPS connected to the server via DB9 - all seems to work and I see the various monitoring elements in the 'text view' (sorry I'm not in front of my OMV to see the exact tabs/labels).

All the graphs work (voltage, load, etc.) except the temperature. Since the text is reporting the voltage ok I am thinking there is an issue with the graph code not polling the temp data correctly?? I remember when I first installed OMV it worked briefly then at some point it stopped and I didn't pay much attention to it. I have since updated to the 2.x a month ago and the issue persists. However now I'd like to watch the temp as I have moved the UPS to a different room.

Anyone else with this issue and/or thoughts on where to begin looking? Happy to provide more info if needed..

Thanks in advance!

• Had some time to poke around the code and I found the issue. I am posting the update in case in helps others as I did more forum searching and found a few other member posts related to the missing graphs and suspect it is the same cause of trying to get other types of UPS working with NUT and UPS directives as noted below.

My issue was related to an old file that had been generated back in March of last year. "temperature-battery.rrd" located in /var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/nut-ups/.

The script /usr/sbin/omv-mkgraph has a check for two temperature files depending on what UPS you use and what stats are polled (temperature-battery.rrd or temperature-ups.rrd).

In my case it detected the temperature-battery.rrd first because it has precedence in the code and is a more important stat but it was basically empty because my UPS is not sending that data via NUT.

Cleaned up the */nut-ups/ folder of old generated files, clicked refresh in the graphs - new result is the code uses my temperature-ups.rrd file and the graph appeared.

Hope this helps and thanks for the pointers in other posts!

Cheers.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!