OMV on existing Debian

• Hi there,
    My NAS is configured under Debian Jessie and I would like to install OMV 3.0 at some point to have easier administration. However in the sticky post for Installing via apt it is mentioned that OMV would read out system settings and sync them with the configuration. So, to what extend and tools is this happening?

Right now I have a Debian Jessie, btrfs in raid 1 on LUKS and owncloud installed. I would probably go for NFS and SMB next, however not sure, how this will impact a later OMV installation.
    Are there any guidelines on this?

Regards
    Christian

• Offizieller Beitrag

So, to what extend and tools is this happening?

To a lot, fire a VM and see it for yourself. But as a short quick recap OMV will take full control of: NFS, proftpd, samba, ntp, postfix, smartd, nginx and php5-fpm. There might be more but those ones are the most relevant that i can remember now.

Some people don't like the way omv handles configuration so again I'd recommend you to use a VM before you get angry the way it works and post here about omv changed my configuration here or there etc ,etc . Owncloud could get affected if it uses nginx. The rest of course btrfs+luks should not be a problem.

Finally there is no support for OMV 3 here in the forum and asking for help will result in closing the thread. As you are inexperienced in OMV I recommend you to not use it now. After release 3.0.13 all code commits are for a new design for internal configuration so is most likely broken at the moment from SVN.

Openmediavault 3.x - Important Information!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!