Windows doesn't seem to cache anything, ever.

• I was previously running a samba share with Ubuntu Server 12.04 and switched to back to OMV last fall.

One thing that is a real annoyance is that Windows 7 seems to never maintain any sort of cache at all with OMV, so I regularly have to sit and wait for Windows to do, well, whatever it does while it's waiting for response from the server about what is in a folder.

This behavior is different from what I experienced with my own homebrew where Windows seemed to pretty much always know what was in the folders, or at least would remember for long enough that I hardly ever had to sit and wait for the little green bar to go across the top.

I don't recall doing anything tricky with my Ubuntu configuration and both Windows machines are otherwise identical in configuration to when I was connecting to the old server.

Is there anything I can do here?

OMV 5.6.26-1 (Usul); Shuttle XPC SH67H3; Intel Core i5-2390T; 8 GB DDR3-1333 RAM; 128GB SanDisk Z400s SSD (OS); Samsung 860 EVO 1TB (primary storage); WD Red 2TB (backup and archive storage).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!