Plex Media Server Plugin Issue

• Hello everyone,
    I have a issue when i want to install the plexmediaserver-Plugin.

My System:
    Banana Pi
    Samsung 1TB 2,5" HDD
    2A 5V Power Supply
    Banana Pi SATA-Cable

So here is my log:

Has someone a idea?

Königderpimpfe

• Here:
    root@Bananas:~# dpkg -l | grep plexmedia
    iF openmediavault-plexmediaserver 1.0.14 all OpenMediaVault Plex Media Server plugin
    ii plexmediaserver 0.9.12.4.1192-9a47d21-1~wheezy armhf Plex Media Server for Linux

• Purge both packages and plugin:
    apt-get purge openmediavault-plexmediaserver
    apt-get pruge plexmediaserver

Then install like this, first in command line:
    apt-get install plexmediaserver

Then in the webgui:
    install the plexmediaserver plugin via the plugins serction.

• In the command line all was fine.
    But when i want to install the plexmediaserver plugin in WebGUI it doesn't work.

• Hmmm... Plex must not be starting then.

What do you get with:
    service plexmediaserver status

If it is not running try to start it. Does it say anything?

PS- I just checked and the package does no install the /var/lib/plexmediaserver folder. This folder and all below it is created when the server is run.

• Plex is not started.
    How i can start Plex?

I get also this error, when i login into the web admin interface: http://share-your-photo.com/00893e635d
    With this content:

Code
    Fehler #3003:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to get configuration (xpath=//services/plexmediaserver)' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/plexmediaserver.inc:82
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/services.inc(63): OMVModulePlexMediaServer->getStatus()
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceServices->getStatus(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('getStatus', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('Services', 'getStatus', Array, Array, 1)
    #5 {main}
    • Offizieller Beitrag

@ryecoaaron Do you know if this package he is installing from our repos works with the bpi??? I inmagine it is same arm package that is being used with the rpi2 & 3.

No idea. That is one of the few boards I haven't owned. Maybe it is a supporting library version difference.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Those two plugins have little or no dependencies. Plex is much, much larger. I was just speculating. It works on odroids (c1,c2,xu3,xu4) and RPis. No idea why it doesn't work on BPi. I highly doubt it has something to do with the plugin though. Has to be an issue with the plex package which we don't create.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!