How to make OMV System go to standby mode

• Hi

I want the omv server to go to standby after a certain time of inactivity. I tried the plugin autoshutdown, but it doesnt actually shut it down, or go to standby or whatever and i dont know why.

I also wonder what the diffrence is on the alternatives standby, suspend and hibernate? i just want the system to go to "rest" and the ability to wake it back up from lan when i want it.

THanks for all ur help and tips, Tom

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can test which states are supported

# pm-is-supported --suspend
    # pm-is-supported --hibernate
    # pm-is-supported --suspend-hybrid

These commands are used by the OMV backend.

• I want the omv server to go to standby after a certain time of inactivity. I tried the plugin autoshutdown, but it doesnt actually shut it down, or go to standby or whatever and i dont know why.

Autoshutdown uses the exact same commands as Volker posted. So instead of searching for another solution, why not checking the logs and see why it is not suspending/shutting down?

• After Installation of the autoshutdown-plugin an associated option appears in the "System-Logs"-section of OMVs web Interface. This is where you can check what´s preventing OMV from standby/shutdown. In your case all entries in the IP-range- and socket-boxes should be removed (exept maybe for Port 22 and 80 for SSH and webinterface-access, to prevent shutdown during maintenance). Important for your desired functionality are "ULDL-Rate" and "load average".

For an explanation of suspend/standby/Hibernation you may read wikipedia´s entry "Sleep Mode".

• THanks for ur help.

I managed to get it to shut down now, but it seems it turns completely off, even tho i chose suspend. is there some additional settings i overlooked?

i have also installed Wol pluggin, and i added my computers ip there, but im not able to make it wake up, either thru webinterface or via the network. I checked in bios and wake on lan seems to be on.

Any more suggestions and tips?

Thanks again, Tom

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!