Setting up Incremental remote backups to OMV?

• The duplicati plugin isn't reall beta. It is too simple. duplicati itself kind of is.

I haven't used Duplicati since its early 1.0 days. I knew that 2.0 was released but I have never tried it. I ended up switching to GoodSync because I kept having issues with my Duplicati backups failing. Unfortunately though, GoodSync is not free and on top of that, it is out of the question for the OP because it does not support incremental backups.

If I ever have the time and patience to learn, I would like to make an OMV plugin for GoodSync server. I just don't have the time or the patience right now to learn about how to write a plugin for OMV.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I haven't used Duplicati since its early 1.0 days. I knew that 2.0 was released but I have never tried it. I ended up switching to GoodSync because I kept having issues with my Duplicati backups failing. Unfortunately though, GoodSync is not free and on top of that, it is out of the question for the OP because it does not support incremental backups.
    If I ever have the time and patience to learn, I would like to make an OMV plugin for GoodSync server. I just don't have the time or the patience right now to learn about how to write a plugin for OMV.

I installed the latest OMV Duplicati plugin and actually tried to simply backup a client with no success.

UrBackup is another matter. (When I started using UrBackup with an R-PI, it worked, but the processes were slow.) Since I now have a core i3 server with a nice chunk of RAM, I performed UrBackup's bare metal disaster recovery on a Win Vista Client and was amazed at how uneventful the process was. Here's the post that outlined the event.

Where GoodSync is concerned (after I looked it up), roughly the same functionality can be had with Rsync and the Remote Mount plugin. (I'd have to set aside links to IOS devices, not because it can't be done, I just don't know how to do it.)

I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for but for Client backups and data replication, UrBackup, Rsync and the Remote Mount plugin covers a lot of ground.

• I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for but for Client backups and data replication, UrBackup, Rsync and the Remote Mount plugin covers a lot of ground.

I'm not really familiar with UrBackup so I don't know what it can and cannot do. I mostly want to use GoodSync now so that I can do block-level file transfers. I will have a look at UrBackup because I'm curious about it, but so far I'm happy with what GoodSync has to offer.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!