Filesystem broken after Rsync?

• This: Filesystem broken after Rsync?

Currently checking if the situation is resolved...

I don't know what the hell happened, but I noticed after a windows restart that my connection requests to samba were being rejected (Password denied every time, WebUI and SSH requests not rejected), so I tried restarting the OMV server as well (through WebUI) and now I'm locked out completely, SSH and WebUI doesn't work (but router confirms that it is indeed connected to it)

I don't know what the hell could have happened, I wasn't messing with the firewall or anything, the last actions I recall doing was installing omv-extras, omv luks encryption plugin and omv-fail2ban. That's it, I didn't even activate or configure any of them specifically, now I'm wondering how to get back in the system, I have a keyboard plugged in to run commands blindly, no display (if I could at least get SSH working again... I could probably figure out the rest)

Is a pain to connect a display to this machine so I'd rather avoid it. (The first thing I tried of course despite not having messed with the firewalls was iptables --flush)

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you don't have ssh, you need to connect a display.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Allright, I can only connect it to a display without network, I booted and what I got was all sorts of errors at boot time... It's failing to load my drives...

It's telling me /dev/sdb1 has filesystem errors and it fails to read a block on startup (fsck fails on boot), it didn't properly boot up. But why would /dev/sdb1 (not a system related drive) cause the ENTIRE SYSTEM to fail to boot?! What kind of nonsense is that?! Debian Linux stability my butthole...

I now know the only plausible cause though.

Rsync, I Rsynced a folder from /dev/sda1 to /dev/sdb1 and I noticed during manual fsck that the paths of corrupted data lead to this rsynced folder. I.e. the problems were not related to the plugins I installed.

I need this folder rsynced between drives (it is my most important data including backups of all kinds and all data created by myself for myself) so I hope this issue won't persist...

This is also weird since S.M.A.R.T. said both /sda1 and /sdb1 were at good health before the reboot.

• The case is solved now, as I can boot I just had to run through the fsck manually. To test whether this would occur again I ran rsync again and rebooted to check if I would get the error again.

I'm still locked out of SMB (password not getting accepted) but this by itself I will probably be able to work out on my own since I can at least access the webui and putty.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!