OMV is labelling one hard disk twice. How To repair?

• I had initial issues with my openmediavault system because for some reason, one of my hard disks went missing. This disk was in a JBOD linked to the server via a USB3 connector.
    To avoid the issue I ran the following procedure: http://unix.stackexchange.com/…ting-usb-sticks-on-debian
    After this I noticed that the system was double labelling disks as in the attached example:

As you can see Gen1610T0004 is occuring twice when it should occur only once. According to my previous records, there should only be one of this. How can I correct it?
    if I run this I get:

Code
    root@omv:~# blkid -U 8bfc6a26-2a16-416a-92ca-ae9a579ddff6
    /dev/sdn1

And this gives me:

Code
    root@omv:~# blkid -U 95af425e-7c51-4539-ad8f-c67966f3b5fb
    /dev/sda1

Either this one hard disk is being mounted twice or there is a problem.

Code
    root@omv:~# blkid -L Gen1610T0004
    /dev/sdn1

I know from previous interrogations that /dev/sda1 is

I have deleted the scripts I initiated in http automount and ran omv-mkconf fstab but I still get no repair.
    Can anyone help repair the damage I did my system?
    My fstab is as follows:

The config xml and the automount process are attached

One other variable I should mention is that during booting I get a pause and a request to run a maintenance shell which is kind of difficult since all I can run is fsck which always exits with an e2fsck 8 error.
    I have googled to find out what else to do but the advice to run fsck is e2fsck is tempered by the responses from the system that running fsck on a GPT system is not recommended.
    I'm kind of stuck. Can anyone help?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why don't you undo all the configurations you did?
    autofs shouldbe used in only certain cases. I suspect you haven't deleted your udev rules and that's why youre getting double entries.

• Why don't you undo all the configurations you did?
    autofs shouldbe used in only certain cases. I suspect you haven't deleted your udev rules and that's why youre getting double entries.

I have deleted all the rules. I followed the process exactly and removed each script but what I have not done is rebooted the server itself.
    I will do that now and report back.

I rebooted the server and then ssh into it and ran blkid -o list and got this: Now Gen1016T0003 is being counted twice. Should I delete the relevant sections of configuration.xml in the hope that fstab will rebuild?

Although omv reports the hdd situation accurately except that it is now reporting a communication failure. sigh!

I have donated. have you?
    OMV 2.2 running on HP Gen 8 G1610T server, 16GB RAM + Xeon E3-1220

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von seanbw ()

• After rebooting both my client machine and the server itself, the problem has been resolved.
    Thanks for your assistance.

I have donated. have you?
    OMV 2.2 running on HP Gen 8 G1610T server, 16GB RAM + Xeon E3-1220

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!