Error changing ACL permissions (Failed to execute command, Operation not supported)

• Trying to set up a new build i seem to not be able to change ACL permissions.

Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; setfacl --remove-all -M '/tmp/setfaclvoYYnh' -- '/D/D/D/' 2>&1': setfacl: /D/D/D/: Operation not supported

Error #4000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; setfacl --remove-all -M '/tmp/setfaclvoYYnh' -- '/D/D/D/' 2>&1': setfacl: /D/D/D/: Operation not supported' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/sharemgmt.inc:1220
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceShareMgmt->setFileACL(Array, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('setFileACL', Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('ShareMgmt', 'setFileACL', Array, Array, 1)
    #4 {main}

This is on a zfs pool.

Anyone got any advice?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can't remember about this, but I think ACL support as in the webgui was left behind with the zfs plugin.
    @nicjo814 should confirm.

edit: reading this thread now i can see that someone requested this before. Should be working now in the plugin according to the developer. You might need to enable the ACL property for the filesystem

Enabling acl support in zfs plugin (correct solution?)

• I came acros that thread when trying to find a solution.

I had assumed that nicjo814's last post ("I've updated the plugin in the testing repo now to version 0.6.4.3 to enable Posix ACL.") 5 months ago meant it was fixed.

How do you enable ACL for each zfs pool/dataset explicitly?

• nm, issue solved!

I was confused when looking in the filesystem properties and saw the acltype was set to "off" while i found online that this property should be set from "noacl" to "posixacl" to activate ACL on zfs in linux and now i was left wondering wether to set it to "on" as opposed to "off" or set it to "posixacl" as i found online.

I just set it to "posixacl" and now it's working.

Thanks!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!