Kernel 4.4 Error "AER: Corrected error received: id=00e0"

• Code
    root@mediatank:~# uname -r
    4.4.0-0.bpo.1-amd64

Hi guys,

since I installed kernel 4.4 from the backports dmesg and system log show such errors.

It seems to be a known kernel bug: https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=111601

The link describes a possible workaround:

Zitat

I suspect "pci=noaer" is a workaround (it disables AER completely).

• But where can I configure this?
    • Do I have to compile my own kernel to get this to work?
    • Do you know a better solution?

I know the kernel is from the backports and omv3 is beta. If I remember right I didn't have this problem with kernel 4.3. But I can't find the 4.3 kernel headers in the internet anymore.

Greetings Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von hoppel118 ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

That is a grub option. There are many places you could add it but I would edit the boot parameters when booting grub (press e in grub menu).

Compiling your own kernel would probably work or you could just want for it to be fixed. Easier to add it to grub.

Better solution? Don't use OMV 3 :D

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Ok, you are fast! ;)

I changed the following line in "/etc/default/grub" from:

Code
    GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet"

to:

Code
    GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet pci=nomsi,noaer"

Here you can find the explanation of the parameters: https://www.kernel.org/doc/Doc…ion/kernel-parameters.txt

Thank you, at the moment it seems to be the solution.

Better solution? Don't use OMV 3

No, not for me! No risk no fun! :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von hoppel118 ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

I assume you ran update-grub after changing that?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• No, I didn't. But now i did. Thanks!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!