Can't find share when Shared Folder path is nested

• Hi,

When creating an AFP share with an existing or newly created Shared Folder, I'm unable to see the AFP share if the path for the Shared Folder is nested e.g. :

Zitat

Backups/TimeMachine1/

or

Zitat

Media/Photos

where as if I save it as

Zitat

TimeMachine1/

then I have no issues.

Am I doing something silly here?

Regards,

Zip

• Nice tip with browsing the volume. All looks good on the volume though, the parent and child folders are all there as expected.

I have further narrowed down when this happens. It's only an issue if the parent folder does not exist before creating the shared folder. The shared folder and parent folder are both created, they appear when browsing the volume but the share (AFP) doesn't show up.

If I create the shared folder in a parent folder that is already created (as a shared folder), then the AFP share works fine. Wonder if it's do with permissions of the parent folder?

• Resolved after much Forum searching..

Parent folders that are created by entering a new path (e.g. newparent/newchild/) have CHMOD permissions 0700 whereas the child or top-level folders created have permissions of 2775, by changing the 'newparent' permissions to 2775 using webmin file manager the shared folder (child) now shows up.

I guess I'll avoid creating parent/child structures using the 'new Shared Folder' dialogue - please feedback if I'm missing something.

• Offizieller Beitrag

This is not a bug from my point of view. If a nested path is entered you have to keep in mind that such folders already exist and it is no good idea to set the privileges automatically by the backend, otherwise the backend will destroy the users privileges set previously.
    In such a case we can simply add an info text to the 'Path' form field that the user has to take care on nested folders.

The issue is tracked here: http://bugtracker.openmediavault.org/view.php?id=1515

• Offizieller Beitrag

Parent folders that are created by entering a new path (e.g. newparent/newchild/) have CHMOD permissions 0700 whereas the child or top-level folders created have permissions of 2775, by changing the 'newparent' permissions to 2775 using webmin file manager the shared folder (child) now shows up.

I think adding the 'x' permission to 'newparent' for group/others should be enough.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!