NginX broken. Cannot login via webgui. Please Help

• I have the same problem as SSH ok, shares ok, but no access to web GUI ?.
    I tried to access the webgui and got a connection refused. Previously I was updating a bunch of plugins including sabnzbd and all worked. I tried to update a setting in sabnzbd and got a

Code
    Incorrect parameter. Configuration is locked

I tried to go back but it won't give me the plugin page again.
    After that the whole problem started with me trying to login to the main page and getting a connection refused. I came to this site and tried all the suggestions in this link: No WebGUI and update is not possible .
    I got this:

Zitat

root@omv:~# ls -la /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/total 12drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Apr 22 23:29 .drwxr-xr-x 6 root root 4096 Apr 9 11:45 ..lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 47 Apr 22 23:29 openmediavault-nginx -> /etc/nginx/sites-available/openmediavault-nginx-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2382 Apr 22 23:29 openmediavault-owncloudlrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 40 Apr 9 10:35 openmediavault-webgui -> ../sites-available/openmediavault-webguiroot@omv:~#

I then came to this thread and tried all the suggestions in the linked forum.Nothing worked until I tried this:

Zitat

root@omv:~# service nginx startStarting nginx: nginx: [emerg] invalid number of arguments in "proxy_set_header" directive in /etc/nginx/openmediavault-webgui.d/sub.conf:5nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed

This told me nginX is somehow broken.
    I then tried the omv-mkconf nginx and got nothing.
    After that I tried: root@omv:~# service nginx start and got this:

Zitat

Starting nginx: nginx: [emerg] invalid number of arguments in "proxy_set_header" directive in /etc/nginx/openmediavault-webgui.d/sub.conf:5nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed

So I tried the omv-firstaid repair of the webgui. After closing the firstaid repair, I got this:

Zitat

root@omv:~# omv-firstaidUpdating web administration settings. Please wait ...{"response":null,"error":{"code":4000,"message":"Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; nginx -t 2>&1': nginx: [emerg] invalid number of arguments in \"proxy_set_header\" directive in \/etc\/nginx\/openmediavault-webgui.d\/sub.conf:5\nnginx: configuration file \/etc\/nginx\/nginx.conf test failed","trace":"exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; nginx -t 2>&1': nginx: [emerg] invalid number of arguments in \"proxy_set_header\" directive in \/etc\/nginx\/openmediavault-webgui.d\/sub.conf:5\nnginx: configuration file \/etc\/nginx\/nginx.conf test failed' in \/usr\/share\/openmediavault\/engined\/module\/webserver.inc:41\nStack trace:\n#0 \/usr\/share\/openmediavault\/engined\/rpc\/config.inc(180): OMVModuleNginxAbstract->applyConfig()\n#1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)\n#2 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#3 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)\n#4 \/usr\/sbin\/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('Config', 'applyChanges', Array, Array, 1)\n#5 {main}"}}Failed to execute RPC (service=Config, method=applyChanges)

I am sorry but after this, I don't know what to try.
    I have tried all the PC in the house. None works.
    I have tried incognito. It does not work.
    I have flushed my cache. It still does not work.
    I have somehow broken nginX but don't know how and don't know how to repair.
    I am on OMV 2.2 I think on HPZ800 but the server is a Gen 8 1610T running omv only.
    Please help.

I have donated. have you?
    OMV 2.2 running on HP Gen 8 G1610T server, 16GB RAM + Xeon E3-1220

• I am not sure it was sabnzbd alone but I will run the following:
    apt-get remove --purge sabnzbdplus
    apt-get clean
    omv-mkconf nginx
    service nginx restart
    omv-update

I got the following response to sabnzbd:
    E: Unable to locate package sabnzbd
    and to sabnzbdplus:
    Package 'sabnzbdplus' is not installed, so not removed

Reason I say its not sabnzbd alone is that plex gives this:

Also although I see the shares in my Windows explorer, the moment I click on them, they disappear, both plex and minidlna.

• After following:Everything down. Can't Login.
    I ran

Code
    omv-mkconf omvextrasorg aptclean

and got this result which seemed to have made the error message smaller:

Code
    root@omv:~# omv-mkconf nginx
    root@omv:~# service nginx restart
    Restarting nginx: nginx: [emerg] invalid number of arguments in "proxy_set_header" directive in /etc/nginx/openmediavault-webgui.d/sub.conf:5
    nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed
    root@omv:~#

Can I delete the configuration file and will nginX rebuild automatically?

Anybody!!!!

• Offizieller Beitrag

No OMV doesn't rebuild that file. Your /etc/nginx/nginx.conf should look like this:

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thank you.
    I bit the bullet and reinstalled hopefully for the last time.
    So far so good.
    I only wish I had copied the config.xml. Now my transmission is not working but I will sort it out.
    Thank you.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!