Sonarr plugin - maintenance & updates

• Hello guys,

I've been using the Sonarr plugin for some time now and I am under the impression that there is no "maintenance" on this plugin as since I have it, I've always had a red icon on the "service status" in OMV (see attached). But the plugin is working fine. It's just I don't like to have a red icon on my omv services.... :)

It seems that there is a new update available too for sonarr. Should I update it from the program itself? would that work? I guess it is better to wait until the pluggin is properly ugraded in OMV no?

It's because of the two reasons above that I think that there is no movement on this pluggin?

Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

The combination of @jhmiller being busy and the upcoming OMV 3.x has caused the lack of updates. You should post issues on the github when you find them as well.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• It is not using the pid file to check status. It may be because you upgraded via the Sonarr UI that that the status is not working. Did it work at one time and it stopped working? This is a program that needs mono to run and works similar to emby. The emby code might be helpful in adding an upgrade button and rpc service function. I don't know if miller will work on the 2.x plugins anymore though. I think most of us will only work on the 3.x plugins when we have time.

• It is not using the pid file to check status. It may be because you upgraded via the Sonarr UI that that the status is not working. Did it work at one time and it stopped working? This is a program that needs mono to run and works similar to emby. The emby code might be helpful in adding an upgrade button and rpc service function. I don't know if miller will work on the 2.x plugins anymore though. I think most of us will only work on the 3.x plugins when we have time.

Hey @tekkb , never worked since I use it (6 months aprox). Even before upgrading through the web UI...

• I think I found the problem in the init script.... The DAEMON variable should have been handled differently.

First stop the service if it is running:
    service sonarr stop

You need to edit this file /etc/init.d/sonarr

Then look for this line towards the bottom in the status) function:

Code
    status_of_proc -p $PID_FILE "$DAEMON" "$NAME" && exit 0 || exit $?

Change what is in the quotes where $DAEMON is at to this:

Code
    status_of_proc -p $PID_FILE "/usr/bin/mono -- Sonarr.exe" "$NAME" && exit 0 || exit $?

Then do this:
    update-rc.d -f sonarr remove
    update -rc.d sonarr defaults

Then start the service and see if you get the green light. I would change some things on this init script.

• This is just for my reference....

• Offizieller Beitrag

This is the official sonarr init script.
    https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/wiki/Autostart-on-Linux

Works as expected, i changed the names and path to match the plugin. You can replace yours with this one see if it behaves better. Reboot after pasting it.

• If that works the only change thing that needs to be done in instructions I gave is the .exe file for the status command. In the /opt/sonarr it is using NzbDrone.exe and not Sonarr.exe. I would redo the init script. There are some things about it that could be better. One thing that is good about what Miller had was that it should run with either NzbDrone.exe or Sonarr.exe. Just the status_of_process should be adjusted for whatever that function resolves to use for the start-stop-daemon.

I should also mention that newer packages you would think will start to use the Sonarr.exe. That is what the name was changed to yes?

• Hi guys just tried installing Sonar fresh today on omv 3 and i am getting the following error

tried to force install from ssh but even that didnt do anything, anybody know how to overcome this.

• Hi,
    same install problem for me :(
    Using kernel 4.9.0.

during install :

in omv gui :

Code
    Error #0: exception 'OMV\Config\DatabaseException' with message 'Failed to execute XPath query '/config/services/sonarr'.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc:78 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/sonarr.inc(60): OMV\Config\Database->get('conf.service.so...') #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/services.inc(56): OMV\Engined\Module\Sonarr->getStatus() #2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceServices->getStatus(Array, Array) #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getStatus', Array, Array) #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Services', 'getStatus', Array, Array, 1) #6 {main}

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!