Resume from sleep: no display, no network, only fans spinnig

• Hello everybody,

First I'd like to say I'm a big newbie about linux (first time I touch it), but I'm very willing to learn. Secondly: I am French, so excuse my English.

I've got Openmediavault 0.4 installed on HDD. I was very interested in WOL combined to AutoShutdown. Let's just see the WOL part for now.

I've managed to install pm-utils on my system through command lines and managed to modify (following tutorial on ubuntu doc) files in order to activate wake on lan every time on the network adapter.

So that's it, when suspending (using pm-suspend), the nas suspends ! and I can send it magic packet and the fans are back on, it resumes !

Almost...

Because there is no display on screen, I can't access the nas from web interface, ssh, windows network... I must cut power, disconnect/reconnect system drive, and power on in order to get my openmediavault back.

Do you know what exactly I should do in order to get a proper resume that allows system to launch and network to be ok ?

I heard it might be because my Bios doesn't propose me to change between S1/S3 sleep mode (no option at all) ? Or because of the SWAP space ? Is there anything I could do in order to get my suspend/resume to work properly ?

Thank you so much !

(it's another topic but in web interface, under system infos, it says 1.57 GiB memory...? I've got a transceng 2 Go fully compatible with my motherboard (it's in it's compatibility list) is that in any way normal ?)

• When resume after suspend I can't.

But when I send magic packet when nas shutdown or in hibernate mode, it works, the nas wake up and I can reech it via ssh. Only the "suspend" mode does not resume correctly, and I would really like it to work because it is the faster to re-establish network connexion, etc after waking up...

• Ok thank you !

In fact my psu is a brand new Antec Neo eco 400c. So maybe it is not "bad" but it is the "eco" side doing this ?

Will try tomorrow with the cooler master psu which allows windows 7 to suspend/resume for a long time on my Htpc and let you know.

But what I don't get is why the resume from hibernate works well and not the resume from suspend, if it is my psu. Which step exactly in a classic suspend/resume cycle do you think is blocking on my conf ?

Thank you

• I've tried 2 other psu and no changes at all.

I can correctly resume from a suspend to disk (hibernate) but not from a suspend to ram (suspend with pm-suspend).

I've tried pm-suspend with all the quirks I've found on the manpage but still no changes: no display, no network...

I don't know at all what is causing that...

• I changed the memory sticks and now I get the suspend to successfully resume. (the original memory stick was in the QVL of the motherboard...)

But... from time to time, when I resume: I've got nothin on screen (and nas no reechable via ip) or I get the error:

version glibc_private not defined in file ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 with link time reference

Is there a way to repair that ?

Thanks

• It happens that I'm running the latest bios update. I will try to install debian 6.0.6 on my system disk and test the pm-suspend option. If it works, I think it would definitely means that there is no more hardware problems.

• I installed Debian 6 on my Hard drive, and install openmediavault from it. Now it works like a charm with original ram and psu. I don't know at all what was missing in openmediavault that is not in debian and let me sleep/resume properly, but I'm so glad it works !

• Here is what sensors-detect answer me:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!