Install OMV via PXE or NetBoot.me

• I am trying to install OMV on an older machine with a BIOS that neither supports USB booting or CD booting and the floppy drive is on the fritz, too. [It won't even work if I try to boot from CD or USB via GRUB2.]

The computer WILL/CAN boot via PXE and I have been succesful in getting it to boot into http://www.netboot.me/ , which is how I was able to get my current Linux on the machine. [That installation isn't fulfilling what I want and it seems OMV will.]

I have read that OMV can be a server for other computers on the network to boot to via PXE, but I haven't seen whether OMV can itself be installed via PXE and/or NetBoot.me.

Any thoughts or ideas on how to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.

Scott

• Offizieller Beitrag

Not sure about the OMV installer but you can install Debian via PXE. Then, you would just need to:

Code
    1 - nano /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list
        add line [i]deb http://packages.openmediavault.org/public fedaykin main[/i]
    2 - apt-get update
    3 - apt-get install openmediavault-keyring postfix xmlstarlet
    4 - apt-get install openmediavault

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

It did install automagically but I add it just to be safe :)

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!