How find UID and GID for OMV users

• Users set up on OMV system have a UID and GID. When setting up NFS access to a share, one way to map the incoming user to the OMV user is to specify all connecting users to be anonymous and to specify the UID and GID to use for anonymous. Mmm...cannot use the literal name of an existing OMV user; it has to be the number! So, how do you find the UID and GID as numbers for an OMV user? (At least without guessing, or using SSH to remote connect to shell.)

Background:
    Client UID =1000, GID=1000
    On server (OMV) want effective user to be one defined in OMV, say Xyz (UID=1002, GID=1001).
    So, the NFS share has the Extra Options as "subtree_check,secure,all_squash,anonuid=1002,anongid=1001".
    (Security is lessened by using all_squash& anonuid & anongid, but at least the port is harder to get at than if I used 'insecure'.)

• Offizieller Beitrag

That info is not available in the webui, imo now that you ask it could be useful to have that info populated in a column in users panel.
    you can create a deactivated scheduled task with "cat /etc/passwd", then press run to see all the output.

• Many thanks subzero79. Great idea to run a command to get the key information. Of course, it works.

I'll mark this issue as resolved, though adding an extra column on the GUI would be useful (if you think it is worth putting on the list).

• Normally if I am looking just for the UID and GID I use:

id username

e.g.:
    id plex

And if you have the shellinabox plugin installed at least you can run commands in the web gui.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!