Resetting syncthing GUI password

• Thanks again for your answer. I tried typing what you posted
    and found this:

./home/username/.config/syncthing/config.xml

The problem is that i can´t seem to cd to either .config, syncthing or config.xml

If i type just type in:
    ~user/.config/syncthing/config.xml

I get this

-bash: /home/user/.config/syncthing/config.xml: access denied

• Offizieller Beitrag

At the home folder of the user under what syncthing is running is this file ~/.config/syncthing/config.xml

Delete the lines <user> and <password> in between <gui> tags and restart the service.

You try to execute the file. That is not correct. You have to edit the file. For this you need to use a program called "nano". Please search the internet on how to use "nano" and then do the modification subzero recommended.

Do you know somebody who knows Linux who can help you? Would be helpful.

• You try to execute the file. That is not correct. You have to edit the file. For this you need to use a program called "nano". Please search the internet on how to use "nano" and then do the modification subzero recommended.
    Do you know somebody who knows Linux who can help you? Would be helpful.

I´m very sorry to say, that i do not know anybody who can help me with linux

I have tried opening the file in nano typing:

nano home/user/.config/syncthing/config.xml

Seems like the file opens in nano, but there´s no text?

alt+Y "colorchange" does not help..

I really hope you can help me through this issue, as the folks over at Syncthing reffers to this forum, regarding my issue ;)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!