Resetting syncthing GUI password

• OMV 2.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Resetting syncthing GUI password

I don't think I forgot my password but I can't access syncthing GUI. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and what not and my old config file must still be there because its still asking for authentication..

I found the config file I believe under /usr/bin but I can't figure out how to edit it because it not legible.

How do I go about fixing this? Thanks
    • New

subzero79 wrote:

At the home folder of the user under what syncthing is running is this file ~/.config/syncthing/config.xml
      so have a look in either /root/ or /user/<user>/ /home/<user>/
      Odroid HC2 - armbian - OMV4.x | Asrock Q1900DC-ITX - 16GB - 2x Seagate ST3000VN000 (rsnapshot) - 1x Intenso SSD 120GB - OMV4.x 64bit
      :!: Backup - Solutions to common problems in OMV - Must see OMV setup videos :!:

The post was edited 1 time, last by macom ().

• New

macom wrote:

subzero79 wrote:

At the home folder of the user under what syncthing is running is this file ~/.config/syncthing/config.xml
      so have a look in either /root/ or /user/<user>/
      Thanks for answering me.. As i´m fairly new to this can you be more specific? How do i "have a look" ? As root in SSH i can cd to "home" and "usr" offcourse, but i don´t know where to go from there?
      OMV 2.2.14 (Stoneburner)

The post was edited 2 times, last by gadgetfr9ak ().

• New

Problem is I do not know anything about syncthing.
      Do you find the file mentioned in /root/?

If not, which directories do you have in /home/? Might be there are none if you have not enabled home directories for users.
      Odroid HC2 - armbian - OMV4.x | Asrock Q1900DC-ITX - 16GB - 2x Seagate ST3000VN000 (rsnapshot) - 1x Intenso SSD 120GB - OMV4.x 64bit
      :!: Backup - Solutions to common problems in OMV - Must see OMV setup videos :!:

The post was edited 1 time, last by macom ().

• New

In usr i have these:
      bin games include lib local sbin share src

in etc i have these:
      acpi calendar exports hostname ldap manpath.config openvpn python3.2 security systemd
      adduser.conf clamav folder2ram hosts ld.so.cache mdadm opt quotagrpadmins selinux terminfo
      adjtime collectd fonts hosts.allow ld.so.conf mime.types os-release quotatab sensors3.conf timezone
      aliases console-setup fstab hosts.deny ld.so.conf.d mke2fs.conf pam.conf rc0.d sensors.d ucf.conf
      aliases.db cron-apt fstab.d idmapd.conf libnl-3 modprobe.d pam.d rc1.d services udev
      alternatives cron.d fstab.save ifplugd locale.alias modules passwd rc2.d shadow ufw
      anacrontab cron.daily fstab.save.1 init locale.gen monit passwd- rc3.d shadow- vim
      apache2 cron.hourly ftpusers init.d localtime motd pcmcia rc4.d shellinabox warnquota.conf
      apm cron.monthly fuse.conf initramfs-tools logcheck mtab perl rc5.d shells watchdog.conf
      apparmor.d crontab gai.conf inittab login.defs nanorc php5 rc6.d skel wgetrc
      apt cron.weekly groff inputrc logrotate.conf netconfig pm rc.local smartd.conf wpa_supplicant
      avahi dbus-1 group insserv logrotate.d network postfix rcS.d smartmontools X11
      bash.bashrc debconf.conf group- insserv.conf lsb-base-logging.sh networks ppp resolvconf snmp
      bash_completion debian_version grub.d insserv.conf.d lvm nginx profile resolv.conf ssh
      bash_completion.d default gshadow iproute2 magic nsswitch.conf profile.d rmt ssl
      bindresvport.blacklist deluser.conf gshadow- issue magic.mime ntp.conf proftpd rpc staff-group-for-usr-local
      blkid.tab dhcp gssapi_mech.conf issue.net mailcap nut protocols rsyslog.conf sudoers
      blkid.tab.old dhcp3 hddtemp.db kbd mailcap.order omvextras python rsyslog.d sudoers.d
      ca-certificates dpkg hdparm.conf kernel mailname omv-support.d python2.7 samba sysctl.conf
      ca-certificates.conf environment host.conf kernel-img.conf mail.rc openmediavault python3 securetty sysctl.d

But i don´t know where to look for the config.xml ?
      OMV 2.2.14 (Stoneburner)

The post was edited 2 times, last by gadgetfr9ak ().

• New

macom wrote:

you can use

find -mount -name config.xml

to find the file.

make sure to start from the root

root@openmediavault:/usr# find -mount -name config.xml

Gave me this:

./share/openmediavault/templates/config.xml

Do i cd to templates, then. And try typing the config/sything/config.xml command?

Edit: trying to access that folder, gives me "access denied" although I am root ?
      OMV 2.2.14 (Stoneburner)
    • New

find -mount -name config.xml

will show you all "config.xml" files. Of course you are looking for the one in the syncthing directory.

You need to start the search at the root. So first do cd / to move to the root. Then find -mount -name config.xml.

If you found the file you can edit it using nano. Search the internet how nano is used.