Resetting syncthing GUI password

• OMV 2.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• macom wrote:

find -mount -name config.xml

will show you all "config.xml" files. Of course you are looking for the one in the syncthing directory.

You need to start the search at the root. So first do cd / to move to the root. Then find -mount -name config.xml.

If you found the file you can edit it using nano. Search the internet how nano is used.
      Thanks again for your answer. I tried typing what you posted
      and found this:

./home/username/.config/syncthing/config.xml

The problem is that i can´t seem to cd to either .config, syncthing or config.xml

If i type just type in:
      ~user/.config/syncthing/config.xml

I get this

-bash: /home/user/.config/syncthing/config.xml: access denied
      OMV 2.2.14 (Stoneburner)

The post was edited 2 times, last by gadgetfr9ak ().

• subzero79 wrote:

At the home folder of the user under what syncthing is running is this file ~/.config/syncthing/config.xml

Delete the lines <user> and <password> in between <gui> tags and restart the service.
      You try to execute the file. That is not correct. You have to edit the file. For this you need to use a program called "nano". Please search the internet on how to use "nano" and then do the modification subzero recommended.

Do you know somebody who knows Linux who can help you? Would be helpful.
      Odroid HC2 - armbian - Seagate ST4000DM004 - OMV4.x | Asrock Q1900DC-ITX - 16GB - 2x Seagate ST3000VN000 - Intenso SSD 120GB - OMV4.x
      :!: Backup - Solutions to common problems in OMV - OMV setup videos - OMV4 Documentation :!:
    • macom wrote:

subzero79 wrote:

At the home folder of the user under what syncthing is running is this file ~/.config/syncthing/config.xml

Delete the lines <user> and <password> in between <gui> tags and restart the service.
      You try to execute the file. That is not correct. You have to edit the file. For this you need to use a program called "nano". Please search the internet on how to use "nano" and then do the modification subzero recommended.
      Do you know somebody who knows Linux who can help you? Would be helpful.
      I´m very sorry to say, that i do not know anybody who can help me with linux

I have tried opening the file in nano typing:

nano home/user/.config/syncthing/config.xml

Seems like the file opens in nano, but there´s no text?

alt+Y "colorchange" does not help..

I really hope you can help me through this issue, as the folks over at Syncthing reffers to this forum, regarding my issue ;)
      OMV 2.2.14 (Stoneburner)