Preserve owner and permission on NFS share - I am going crazy!!!

• Hi to all,
    I'm going crazy to preserve owner and permission on NFS share mounted on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS server.

This is the scenario:
    Folder "bak_email" created as shared folder on OMV (drwxrwx---)
    Exported "bak_mail" to Ubuntu (rw,no_root_squash,subtree_check,secure)

I have mounted OMV Nfs share "bak_email" to /mnt/email_backup, on ubuntu.

Now, I would like to rsync (-avz) /var/vmail/mydomain.tld/ to mounted share, preserving owner and permissions which are:

Code
    drwx------ 18 vmail mail 4096 mar 30 15:46 mydomain.tld/

but during transfer I got some errors (about chown) and owner becomes:

Code
    drwxrws--- 18 nobody 4294967294 4096 mar 30 15:46 mydomain.tld/

This is my OMV export file

Code
    # /etc/exports: the access control list for filesystems which may be exported
    #               to NFS clients.  See exports(5).
    /export/temp-bak-email 192.168.1.253/32(rw,no_root_squash,subtree_check,secure)

# NFSv4 - pseudo filesystem root
    /export 192.168.1.253/32(ro,fsid=0,root_squash,no_subtree_check,hide)

How can I do to preserve owner and permission? Is there someone who can show me how to do? I'm new in OMV.
    Thanks in advance

• In Ubuntu vmail ID is 150 and I have create a new user vmail with ID 150, on OMV, but nothing change.
    Furthermore, if I have set no_root_squash on OMV nfs export, why it assigns "nobody" as owner and not "root"?

• You said:

Zitat

but during transfer I got some errors (about chown) and owner becomes:

Which ones?

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!