Plex Downgrade

• Hi

is it possible to "downgrade" plex media server to an older version, ive had nothing but trouble with this latest one, ive rebuilt my OMV box several times as i thought it was that,

the app will hang the web interface (all browsers)
    It wont scan metadata on some files
    it can take around 24 hours to rescan my library for changes (my library is big but this used to be seconds)

the version of the plug in says 1.0.14 in OMV
    plex version is 0.9.16.6

My Plex DB is stored on an SSD, this has been swapped out with another one as i thought there was an issue with the drive

worked fine before it was updated.

the permissions on my files are correct, i cant clean the bundles files in the plexmedaserver folder as they dont exist.
    one thing to mention is if i use the gui to start and stop PMS, it just stays on applying configuration changes, then does nothing, if i refresh the page it shows its running but has a red dot against it, ssh'ing onto the box and running service plexmediaserver start fixes that but i never used to have to do this either....

• Offizieller Beitrag

I haven't had any trouble at all out of the new version. While I'm not sure what your problem is, I think there's something else going on. I use Plex a lot, and probably have a 500+ gig library, and it's never an issue.

Is it safe to assume you're using OMV 2.x ?

• yes, my library is around 50 tb in total,

im using omv 2.23,

i have 20 managed users so i/we also use plex a great deal (hence my frustration....) OMV had been working fine and plex had been running for around 5 months without any issues

if i add a new show, it will show in the server but wont update any metadata, if i then refresh or match it cant find any agents, also, if i try to access the server option it says not available or it will say its found a server on my network do i want to claim it then fails. if i stop and start the service it will work for an hour or so . all shows are renamed either via sickbeard or using filebot (both TVDB being used) the names et are correct

on the clients all the metadata will disappear and it will lose connection with my server both on my LAN and across the WAN. i then have to delete the device and readd it sometimes for it to work again or ask the managed user to sign in to reconnect to the server.

client machines are a mix of amazon fire TV devices, MAC minis, atom boxes, roku boxes etc so i know its not client end issue, plus nothing has changed.

ive found quite a few people who have these similar issues online googling but doesnt mention a fix or the exact version its related to.

• I think you might find you have issues even if you downgraded. It is more likely you have added some bad files (maybe incompatible) that are causing issues with the scan or a corrupted database.

• The thing is nothing has changed from a files point of view with the exception of a couple of updated shows. I will try and reproduce on an Ubuntu build to confirm if it's my files or omv/plex

• the database is stored on an ssd which I have replaced with another one and then another one again to try and resolve. Can the db be stored on the os drive as this is a 120gb ssd too? My plexmediaswrver folder is 38gb or so

• Offizieller Beitrag

the database is stored on an ssd which I have replaced with another one and then another one again to try and resolve. Can the db be stored on the os drive as this is a 120gb ssd too? My plexmediaswrver folder is 38gb or so

You should be able to... You'd have to find the thread on partitioning the OS drive to also be used for user space (I think it's in the Guides section). I've never had a need to do it, but it shouldn't be very difficult. If your NAS is headless, you'd probably need a temporary display and a GParted Live CD/USB to partition the drive.

• I figured out a way to get any plugin that uses a shared folder to use a folder on the system drive. Just have not had time to document it in the Guides section. I think it will work with some of the plugins that use volumes but have not tested that. It would save people from having to create a partition on the system drive.

• Update- Ok so sometjing really odd, I reformatted the ssd out of the server last night so had a blank canvas to work on, I then re added it and creates the file system as ext3 by error (normally use ext4) and rescanned plex. This morning it was finished with all my music films etc. It seems very responsive so I am wondering if there was something on the disk causing this which wiping with disks in Ubuntu has sorted.

• That is always a possibility. You are not the first person that has had problems with a drive not partitioned or formatted by OMV. We usually recommend Gparted to partition and format.

• I figured out a way to get any plugin that uses a shared folder to use a folder on the system drive. Just have not had time to document it in the Guides section. I think it will work with some of the plugins that use volumes but have not tested that. It would save people from having to create a partition on the system drive.

I for one would love to hear more about this!!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!