Greyhole --> Red Dot after reboot

• Hi,

I am running the newest Greyhole plugin along with Snapraid and everytime I reboot my HP Gen8 Microserver a red dot appears for the service status. If I run

Code
    wget http://omv-extras.org/debian/pool/main/o/openmediavault-greyhole/openmediavault-greyhole_2.1_all.deb
    dpkg -i openmediavault-greyhole_2.1_all.deb

the red dot is gone but back after the next reboot. Not sure but greyhole seems to be working fine and there is nothing suspicious inside the log file (OMV WebGUI).

Any ideas?

Cheers
    Moritz

• Offizieller Beitrag

After you reboot, what is the output of ps aux | grep grey

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• red dot is back after reboot and this is the output:

Code
    mysql     2957  0.1  1.0 363324 42492 ?        Sl   06:30   0:00 /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/usr --datadir=/media/f55b4ae4-ae25-49db-ae75-f83565d07bdd/greyholeSQL/ --plugin-dir=/usr/lib/mysql/plugin --user=mysql --pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid --socket=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock --port=3306
    root      3233  0.0  0.3 162124 13900 ?        SN   06:30   0:00 /usr/bin/php -d open_basedir=/ /usr/bin/greyhole --daemon
    Moritz    8098  0.0  0.0   9904   916 pts/0    S+   06:32   0:00 grep grey

and the command "dpkg -l | grep greyhole" tells me

Code
    ii  greyhole                           0.9.67-2                       amd64        Drive pooling technology for Samba
    ii  openmediavault-greyhole            2.1                            all          OpenMediaVault Greyhole (Storage pool server) plugin
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Greyhole is running but the way the plugin determines if it is running is faulty. It looks for the phrase "is running" in the output of /etc/init.d/greyhole status to determine if greyhole is started. What is your output of: /etc/init.d/greyhole status

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

Not sure why the service indicator is wrong then. Nothing you have to work about because the command you just executes is more accurate.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Uh no. That command just gives you a status. You don't need to do anything if you reboot. Greyhole is running just fine. The indicator in the web interface is wrong.

• sry, was talking about the command from my first post

Code
    [font='Consolas, 'Courier New', monospace; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19.5px; white-space: pre-wrap']dpkg -i openmediavault-greyhole_2.1_all.deb[/font]

but you're right, the indicator is wrong but Greyhole is running. There is no need to execute this command again after reboot

Sorry for the confusion :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!