SMB Failing during transfer

• Greetings! I'm in the process of switching from Synology/Xpenology to OMV as I really like the looks of this package. I am running into an issue with the SMB service, though. I am connecting to a SMB share I have setup in order to transfer data from my current NAS. This SMB share is accessible from my linux laptop, my Windows virtual machines, and my Synology Diskstation as would be expected... I then start a file transfer from my Synology and let it run, and after a couple hours the file transfer will fail and the shared folder becomes completely inaccessible from any of the above mentioned platforms. I have disabled/re-enabled SMB via the web interface, however the only way I've found to regain access to the shared folder is by restarting the entire machine OMV is installed on. I'm concerned this will be an issue once everything is setup, I don't want the entire NAS to become inaccessible and need a full system reboot after a certain amount of data has been transferred to/from it. Reading through the forums, I didn't see an obvious solution - is there something simple I should check? Thank you for your time!

• Reporting back, I believe the problem is somewhat worse now. I have turned on logging within SMB/CIFS in the interface, but not sure where the logfile I'll be looking for is. A little more detailed information:

I am able to initiate transfers just fine. The transfer will continue for a few minutes, then fail. The error I am receiving in Synology is: This user account has not been assigned the proper privileges to perform this action. I am unable to remount the remote folder under any account after that point, including the admin account.

I am able to SEE my samba shares under Linux/Windows, however I am unable to access ANY of the shares under ANY user name until I fully reboot the OMV system. Here is a shot of the error messages I am getting when attempting to access from the three different platforms, in order, Synology, Linux, Windows:
    http://imgur.com/hiQ06yP

The output of 'service samba status' is both smbd / nmbd is running. I have not toyed with the default setup as this is a fresh install of the production version of OMV. If there is any more information I can provide I will be happy to do so.

• Update:

I just disabled SMB and attempted the transfer via FTP instead. The transfer fails after about the same elapsed timeframe and the same problem occurs, though with a different error message (Operation Not Supported) - after the failure, I am able to connect to the host via FTP but am unable to open the share folder after getting about 5-10min into the transfer. Restarting the host clears the error and allows a normal connection and file transfer again, for about 10 minutes.

When attempting to open the share ACL settings within the web interface, the error reads "DirectoryIterator::__construct(/media/4058af09-918d-4153-a8c1-0e46d269728a/movies/): failed to open dir: Transport endpoint is not connected".

• Upgrade your kernel to backports. There is a button in OMV Extras to do this.

What do you mean?
    Whre can I find this button?

I have the same problem everytime I copy or move lots of data to my NAS.
    But I've absolutely no idea why...

rgds

• You need a newer driver for your NIC. Installing a newer kernel may solve the issue or you may need to build it. What NIC do you have?

In the Web GUI after you install OMV Extras there is a button in that plugin to install the backports kernel.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!