Boot from S3 state failing

• The problem with this is that if you fill tmpfs (usually defaults to half of system memory), it wants to write to swap.

I have the Plex logs and some Samba configuration/logs mounted as tmpfs. Now that I recall, the problem started happening when I enabled these 2. Add to that the tmpfs for the flash memory plugin and the result might be a shortage of ram. Sound logic to me.

Custom mini-ITX build
    Coolcube Mini, Intel Desktop Board DQ77KB, Intel Core i7-3770S, 8 GB DDR3 Ram, 64 GB Trascend mSata SSD (OS), X3 1TB HDD pooled + parity

Dell Optiplex 960 sff (deprecated) - link

Dell Optiplex FX160 (repurposed) - link

"If you can't find it in Google, it simply doesn't exist!" - The Internetz

• Offizieller Beitrag

That post was all about people losing their logs if the system lost power. Personally, I don't care about my logs or old data since I don't look at the graphs. There are plenty of ways to backup those files but writing them back to the system drive defeats the purpose of the plugin in my eyes.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.11 | compose 7.1.3 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have the Plex logs and some Samba configuration/logs mounted as tmpfs. Now that I recall, the problem started happening when I enabled these 2. Add to that the tmpfs for the flash memory plugin and the result might be a shortage of ram. Sound logic to me.

I think you definitely filled tmpfs and memory using flashmemory and plex with 2gb ram. 4gb will make your system much happier :)

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.11 | compose 7.1.3 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• After increasing the system RAM to 4 GB and re-enabling the flash memory plugin, I stopped having random freezes. However, I am not using suspend any more, I am putting the system into hibernation since it saves some extra €€€ compared to suspension. It hast been almost one week without any issues. As @ryecoaaron mentioned, the 2 GB were not enough for the different things being loaded to the RAM.

Thanks to all for the help!

Custom mini-ITX build
    Coolcube Mini, Intel Desktop Board DQ77KB, Intel Core i7-3770S, 8 GB DDR3 Ram, 64 GB Trascend mSata SSD (OS), X3 1TB HDD pooled + parity

Dell Optiplex 960 sff (deprecated) - link

Dell Optiplex FX160 (repurposed) - link

"If you can't find it in Google, it simply doesn't exist!" - The Internetz

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!