Plugins - Which and why

• I am always having to reinstall OMV whenever problems develop.
    I noticed that some of the plugins have duplicate functions as a result I sometimes overload my system.
    I am starting this thread to really understand the plugins, their functions and dependencies.
    The ones I am really concerned with are the multimedia plugins for instance I really prefer>:
    emby over plex
    sonarr over sickbeard

Then do you need nginx and websites or is one enough? wordpress or website?
    What about subsonic and mpd? Do you need both or one?
    If I install emby, do I still need minidlna or is emby adequate. same issue with plex and minidlna and emby.
    Couchpotato and/or transmission?
    So can anyone enlighten me?

I have donated. have you?
    OMV 2.2 running on HP Gen 8 G1610T server, 16GB RAM + Xeon E3-1220

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von seanbw ()

• If you have emby you do not need minidlna.

For a media server choose between plex or emby.

If you are getting high cpu all the time test your system with memtest like I said. You should always use the same kind of ram when adding ram. So many times I have seen people corrupt their system by using dissimilar ram and not checking it with memetest. You should actually disconnect your hard drives after adding new memory until you have tested the new ram with a couple passes in memtest.

• Offizieller Beitrag

websites and nginx are the same. websites is just a meta package to install nginx. I'm not going to port the wordpress package to OMV 3.x. So, I would use nginx.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!