Duplicati 2.0 instead of Crashplan?

• Hey all,

I've been playing around with Duplicati 2.0 preview build but I cant seem to get it installed on OMV. I've had a little more success with Ubuntu server but still no luck actually completing the install. Duplicati has finally added a WEB Based GUI which makes it fantastic for remotely managing backups on the server, Unlike Crashplan's fiddly workarounds!.. It can also encrypt with AES 256-bit encryption and send to remote clouds, WEBDAV and SFTP etc.

The preview works really well on Windows and is supposed to work well on Ubuntu/Debian too. I'm just wondering if anyone else has been down this road before and might have some knowledge they can share:)

Duplicati would make a great plugin too I think:)

Thanks in advance

Baldman.

• Offizieller Beitrag

It doesn't work with the mono or mono-testing repos enabled in omv-extras because it doesn't like the xamarin versions of mono components. Works fine if you use the Debian versions. I had to run it with duplicati-server --webservice-port=8200. I logged into the box using the remotedesktop plugin (used browser) and allowed remote connection. Then I could connect to it from remote systems.

I am going to do some more testing of this to see if I can get it working with the xamarin versions.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• ryecoaaron , Could you please post some basic installation steps you used to get it running, I cant work out what it is I missing :) Are you saying I need to install mono for debian or different components?

Thanks in advance, Baldman :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you have any xamarin versions of mono installed, you need to remove them and disable the mono and mono-testing repos in omv-extras. Then (first line should not return any packages.

Code
    dpkg -l | grep xamarin
    wget https://github.com/duplicati/duplicati/releases/download/v2.0.1.17-2.0.1.17_canary_2016-05-14/duplicati_2.0.1.17-1_all.deb
    dpkg -i duplicati_2.0.1.17-1_all.deb
    apt-get -f install
    duplicati-server --webservice-listen-interface=any --webservice-port=8200

Then login from a web browser. There is no password set.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

It should unless there is x86-specific code in duplicati. I didn't try.

• Ryecoaaron, I still cant get Duplicati to install. I even tried a fresh install of OMV (in a virtual machine) with no plugins installed. Your steps above are pretty much the same as I was using originally. I used your steps on the new OMV I installed but I still have the same issues. Its like it installs the dependencies but then removes Duplicate every time I run apt-get -f install. If I run the last part duplicati-server --webservice-listen-interface=any --webservice-port=8200 it just errors and says no file. I seem to be going around in circles installing and removing dependencies.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I used OMV 3.x for my test. Let me try OMV 2.x.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Unfortunately, Debian Wheezy (OMV 2.x) does not have the mono packages required by duplicati. You will have to wait for OMV 3.x or for me to figure out if I can get it working with Xamarin (I don't have much time though). I guess you could look at running it in a VM or docker as well.

• Thanks for having a look, I spent a bit of time on this and you saved me spending a lot more on it...lol
    I might have a look at the docker plugin, I haven't been down that road yet. I hope you get some time but thanks heaps anyway :)

• I'm new to Docker but I'm slowly getting my head around it. Have you guys got any tips for a Docker newbie?. I've read a lot of info and instructions but I'm having trouble with it, maybe I'm just doing it wrong...lol.

Do I need to set any file permissions etc?.. I'm getting errors like, communication failed error and '/entrypoint.sh' could not be invoked etc.

I've had the Duplicati Docker running once but I couldn't log into it or the password was wrong. Then it wouldn't restart after reboot, it says the container is dead.... I've tried many times...lol

Is there some way to edit the container after its been created?

Cheers ?(

• Ok, I think I'm doing it right cause I can get the built in Emby docker image working. I installed the docker plugin and did the APT clean as recommended in the instructions and that seems to have solved most of the problems. Now I'm just stuck with the duplicati docker not starting... I think!.. Is there anyone here who's had some experience with the duplicati docker that could help me out?... Or can anyone advise me on where to find the help I need. I'm a newbie to Docker.

Any help would be appreciated...thanks :)

• Is anyone able to shed some light on how to give Duplicati permissions to see content? It seems permissions are not lining up properly here and so Duplicati isn't seeing any of the subfolders and contents below my top level storage mount points.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!